Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace..." Mother Goose

Good morning and welcome to Tuesday, September 13, 2016. I read some Happy Tuesday quotes that are intended to get one ready for the day. Let's check out a few of them to see if they actually work. ~ "May you always do what you are afraid to do." ~ "Enjoy every single moment. The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, the inspiring, the not-so-glamorous moments." (Meghann Matt) ~ "Be thankful you have been able to surpass all the trials . . . Thank God because He has helped you become what you are today." ~ "Anyone can make you happy by doing something special. But only someone special can make you happy without doing anything." ~ "A simple hello could lead to a million things." ~ "Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect." ~ "In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take." ~ "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced." (Soren Kierkegaard) ~ Mercifully, I now share the last one for today. ~ "You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one." ~ I know. We all pretty much have become immune to the sloganizing of slogans. If we really want true motivational input to start our day, then perhaps checking with our Creator would be a good place to start, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (The Word of Almighty God, found in the inspired text of Romans, Chapter 8, Verse 28, from the New American Standard Bible, (NASB)) Amen.

You would think those who know me well would get tired of watching me help football players, soccer competitors, NASCAR drivers and others on TV when I'm straining and leaning in attempting to assist. They still enjoy watching me. I know this to be true. They comment on it. That along with me missing some important play because of being hit with a sudden onset activation of my internal snooze mechanism, well, these antics obviously make for some pretty good entertainment. When I am watching, I am unaware that this happens, and I'm still trying to figure out why I respond that way. It's like it's some type of involuntary reaction. The wife is very coy when she asks, "Are you trying to help him gain an extra yard?" Me, "What in the world are you talking about?" Her, "I think you'll be okay but maybe you should just lean back and take another nap, that will at least help to keep your blood pressure down." She does know how to put the needle in. Her, "I'm so sorry you missed that play while you were snoozing, but, it will probably be replayed many times over the next few days." I suppose I should be glad I'm able to offer up such entertaining tidbits. One thing is certain. They really do get a kick out of it. They really do. I mean it.

My dad is something to behold. The other day they discovered a water leak from underneath the house. Dad got on his coveralls and crawled under there to see if he could fix it. He was under the house for over 2 hours. He is 86 years young. Mom was concerned about him being under the house. She could envision water mocassins or black widow spiders chewing on him. She went out to check on him. She called and called. She wasn't able to get down on the ground, but, he probably wouldn't have been able to hear her anyway. She is 92 years young. Finally, mom spotted a fellow next door and called out to him to come. He came and got down near where dad had gone under the house and began calling for him. Dad heard him and responded. He was okay. No snakes or spiders. And, he did get the leak fixed. They never cease to amaze me. Are they able to pay to have someone come and fix a leak? Abundantly so. However, that wouldn't be our dad. It's not the money. It's the principle and it's his identity at stake. I'm thankful they are still able to tell these kinds of stories. Now that, my friend, is a blessing. Have a great rest of the day and I'll see what pops out for tomorrow. May God bless. Amen.  ...More later. 

No comments: