Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Blessed beyond measure!

Today, on this Tuesday, August 16, 2016, I express humble gratitude for the threescore and ten years that God has granted to me. The Shepherd motif in the Old and New Testaments present a vivid picture of providing everything necessary to care for the flock. When Jacob blessed his son Joseph, he included these words, "...God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day,..." (Genesis 48:15) The word fed is the same word for Shepherding, the first specific mention of God in that capacity. My point? I'm here today to echo that same sentiment, because it is God who has provided for me throughout my life until this very day. I thank Him for this and for all those, past and present, He placed in my life. Amen.

No comments: