Monday, August 31, 2015

"Working in a mirror factory is something I can really see myself doing." (copied)

Good to see you as we do our best to wrap up this month here on this Monday, August 31, 2015. I read a little cartoon the other day where the people were complaining about the noise in their neighborhood. The wife said it had gotten so bad they could no longer overhear their neighbor's conversations. The husband added how the loud noise was a total invasion of their privacy. I thought that was a good one. What about you? I try to share these as I find them because they tend to get away from me. More and more that is becoming the norm. No. I am still not ready to tell the one on myself I talked about a couple of weeks ago. I will tell you that it was a doozy. The spell checker just flagged that word doozy. I wonder sometimes where he went to school. Doozy: something outstanding or unique of its kind as in "it's gonna be a doozy of a black eye." The stuff I have to put up with. This Blogger utility is owned by Google, therefore, one would think it pretty much knows everything. Right? How could it not be true if you saw it on the internet? Everybody knows that. Here's some of their alternate suggestions for that word: Dozy, Doz, Dizzy, Oozy, and Doze. Come on man, get your act together!

We rank 9th on the list of the top 10 most humid areas in the US with an average of 78%. The most humid ranked number one is up in Washington state with an average of 83.5% but 50% of those listed are in Texas. My point? I'm looking for where I can lodge a complaint about my glasses fogging up when I leave the office and go outside. This never happened when I wore contacts but my eye doctors conspired together to keep me from using the 30 day extended wear model. They were aghast that as a diabetic that I would sleep in my contacts. In fact, they were aghast that anyone would sleep in contacts at anytime no matter what their health condition or what the contact maker promised. We went to the 30 day because I can't put them in and at the time my helper (called a helpmeet/helpmate in the Scriptures) was working and she was the only one who could assist me and the 30 day model made it more convenient since she only had to put them in once a month. When I retire retire. That's new terminology for when I no longer come to my little nook here at my home away from home. When that happens I will go back to wearing them because she can put them in every day. What else does she have to do, anyway? I know I meant that in a joking manner and I sure hope she takes it that way. It will give us something to bond over because it does require close contact. (No pun intended.)

What's that you say? This could all be solved if I would just learn how to do it myself? I think I've answered that one more than a few times in the past. It has not been for a lack of trying and/or training. It's just one of those things that was not meant to be. My wife and I were laughing the other day about the young lady at the eye clinic who proudly announced that she had never failed to train people how to put their contacts in. After about 30 minutes of sheer frustration she loudly announced: "What is wrong with you?" The wife and I had a good laugh but the young technician was not amused. And, that my friend, has been more or less the story of my life. Maybe they will come up with some contacts that put themselves in. Surely technology could work that out. If we go with the one where she assists me each day I would still need my glasses because of the rise and shine differences between myself and my helpmate. But, that would be an improvement. I will likely use the dailies. That way we could throw the old ones away every evening. Anything to please those stern doctors. Anything. This has been mostly an attempt to poke fun at myself so please don't take it too seriously. It is something I will consider when I do the retire retire deal. Take care, enjoy, and may God help us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: