Wednesday, August 19, 2015

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." ~ Dr. Seuss

It's Wednesday, August 19, 2015 and as the late newsman Paul Harvey used to put it, "now for the rest of the story." Before everyone starts throwing out their blood glucose monitoring devices I need to explain how mine failed the other day. It was really my fault. Not the little device. I always slop on the germ killing hand sanitizer before I check my blood. That was the morning when I thought I was late even though I wasn't late but that residual brain alert was still trying to get himself reset, therefore, I didn't let the germ killer completely dry. When the blood came out it was diluted by the germ killing sanitizer and that's when the little meter said "I can't measure this stuff." I would have typically started over but because of that brain alert thingy that was still making me think I was late I just threw it all back in the little pouch and determined to revisit the issue on the next day. But you were not running late? I know that. You know that. All God's children know that. But, once that launch sequence for the brain alert is triggered it can't be instantaneously halted. It's like the time when I flipped over in my chair at my office downtown. There were several people witnessing this episode so my brain went into overload trying to interrupt the falling sequence. That's when I really strained all the muscles in my shoulder and back. If I had just hit the floor it would have been better but all that flailing of arms and legs, well, it wasn't a pretty outcome. Funny? Sure. Once everyone knew that I wasn't dead they sent a chorus of guffaws loud enough to be heard from floor 22 down to the street. Did I ever tell you that I have not had an easy life? Remind me to do that sometime.

Sometimes politicians say things that are really bizarre. They then have to stand by what they have said and that can generate even more fallout. The recent comments from President Obama comparing Republicans who oppose the Iran agreement to Iranian politicians shouting death to America was intended to shock folks who heard it. It did. Later he stood by that comparison saying those who oppose this deal or actually on the same side as those who oppose it in Iran. Wow! Now one of the leading Democrat senators has stated he will vote against the deal. Uh oh. He's a Democrat and a Senior Senator. So far, the President has not categorized him as being like the Republicans. But, I forgot to mention he is Jewish. The President along with his fellow compatriots at the New York Times have consistently attacked any and all Jews who oppose this agreement. They even introduced the Senator's opposition by calling him a leading Jew. The President himself has used code words about Jewish money and power being used to influence the upcoming vote. Wow! The bottom line: What will a rogue regime do with $150 billion? Our flag is now waving over the reopened American embassy in Havana. Guess what? Fidel Castro, communist dictator, is now demanding huge amounts of money in damages that he claims our illegal embargo has caused to his country. We make a deal with Iran and they get $150 billion. No telling what we will end up paying out to Cuba. Yes. This is an opinion piece. But I thought you knew that.

Having just completed another birthday observance I decided to share with you some rejected birthday card ideas. ~ Congratulations! From now on they will automatically schedule your colonoscopies. ~ Knock, Knock. Who's there? Your youth dropping by to say goodbye. ~ You know how they say that wine gets better with age? You are not wine. ~ Happy Birthday, I do hope you stick to your diet this time. ~ Happy Birthday. You do know that I was guilted into sending you this card. Right? ~ Sorry I missed your party. I can't remember what I was doing. ~ I have some news. Telling everyone that 60 is the new 40, well, sorry, not for you. ~  Now I know why you unfriended me on Facebook. Did you really want an actual card that bad? ~ I found this card in the trash. I thought you would appreciate me recycling. ~ Happy Birthday. It took a while but we all chipped in to buy you this card. ~ Okay. I got these ideas from a Twitter feed but most of them have been modified to some degree. They were in the public domain so you are free to use them. I would be careful who I sent them to. Just having a little fun. Take care now, you hear? And, may God watch over and keep us all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: