Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"There's nothing wrong or evil about having a bad day. There's everything wrong with making others have to have it... with you." Neil Cavuto, Fox Business Channel

Okay it's Tuesday, August 18, 2015 and here we go again. I always stop for gas on my way into work, usually on Friday. I did that last Friday. The wife has been saying things about my old flivver and how it really does need a wash job. I thought to myself. I'll just surprise her. I selected the car wash on the computer screen. Filled up the car and the printer was out of paper so I had to go inside to get the receipt that has the code to go through the car wash. The lady was nice but I was a little miffed because of my schedule. Went into the car wash, punched in my code, drove to the designated position and it activated. It covered one side with soap and then told me to get out of Dodge. That was it? I went back into the C-Store and told the nice lady what happened. I invited her to look right outside the door at my car half covered with soap. She finally figured out how to do a refund and I was back on the road again. Got to the office and was still a little discombobulated from that development and I suppose I overfilled my little one cup coffee maker. It does a really good job but when you tell him to make coffee he will pour out exactly the amount of water you put in even if it is two cups. What a day! Clean up on aisles one, two, and three. I got it all back together and in the middle of finishing my blog the internet decided it was time for him to take a time out. I didn't recognize it right away and kept of hitting keys like there was no tomorrow. I didn't ask for a rain check at the car wash but I thought seriously about getting one for the entire day. Momma, you said there would be ones like that but they can sure mess with your head. And that's a sure enough fact!

I shared that with you so you can laugh along with me. I am fully aware that all of those things added together don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. They don't but they still have to be dealt with. There were a couple of others I could have added but I didn't want to be accused of piling on especially when it's about yours truly. (I started my day with my little glucose meter malfunctioning. That should have told me something.) Why didn't someone tell me that when you turn 69 this was how it would be? My wife is an encouragement to me. Now that I think about it that same Friday morning I jumped up out of bed because I thought I was late. It was 3:24 a.m. She simply said, "Settle down you are not late." I'm not joking on that. What's that you hear all the time? There are some days when you should have stayed at home. I looked at that clock and I saw the numbers but I had previously looked at it just before 3 a.m. and I suppose my brain triggered the late alert even though I typically try to not get up until 3:30 each morning. We may not fit the 'old people are funny' designation yet but we are certainly in full fledged training at this time. I did give the nice lady at the C-Store one of our Santa cards and she thought it was wonderful. It has the wife and I on the front and the photo in this paragraph on the back along with a large verse reminder JOHN 3:16. She was smiling big and I suppose looking back that should have made things a little less onerous. I should have thought about that big smile when I was wiping up that coffee.

I have to give a whopping shout up to the wife for her hard work in making my birthday so special. She said she had run out of ideas about getting me anything so she decided just to have one of our classic family, food, and fellowship gatherings. (For her that was an all afternoon affair!) That was better than anything I could have conjured up. I actually don't mind having reached a point and time where stuff is no longer that important. Don't get me wrong. I like stuff and I'm sure I could be cajoled into coming up with something. But, for the most part, I'm very much thankful for all that God has blessed me with and I'm not craving some special something at this time. Maybe later. You could give me a rain check. The photo above is our great granddaughter Madi girl (Madelyn Joy). Here's the neat thing about that ole déjà vu feeling: I can remember her mom at her age making the same types of photos. Good observation. Yes. It would have been without the Happy 69th. Don't make me get my calculator out or count up the years by taking off my shoes. I also had a birthday greeting song from my 91 year old mom when I talked to her early Sunday morning. I then had a wonderful song and expression of love from the Bible study group I teach. After that, remote control switching forth and back between NASCAR, the U.S. Open Golf Championship, and who knows what else. Just waiting for the gang to arrive. Doesn't sound that exciting to you? That's okay. It was more than just exciting to me, it was the stuff that the song Count Your Blessings Name them One by One is made of. And, that's what I am doing. Blessed. Amen. Take care and may God watch over us all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: