Tuesday, August 25, 2015

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7, New American Standard Bible, (NASB)

It's Tuesday, August 25, 2015 and you may have noticed that I haven't yet mentioned the recent rains we received. Talk about 'oh what a relief'! And, we are thankful. Very thankful. I've read that it is very short lived and that the heat will come back with a vengeance. Sorry. Still thankful. Very thankful. After several weeks of near intolerable desert like conditions to see our ditches filled with water, oh my, what a blessing! Amen! There are some remarkable people in this world. We have a dear brother in Christ we've known since the mid 1970's battling pancreatic cancer. He's 81 and undergoing chemo at this time. His demonstrated faith and resilience during this time has been an inspiration to us all. I read the testimony of a fellow Santa who had a follow up from some heel surgery and was told his foot would have to be removed as soon as possible. This was a scary development. His response? Let's get on with it so that I can get that prosthesis, learn how to walk, and maybe make a part of the season for the kids. He said he believed God was with him because they were able to make an immediate appointment instead of waiting the normal several weeks. His faith is in the Great Physician. I've never been a fan of President Jimmy Carter. I don't agree with his politics. I don't agree with his reading of certain Bible texts. But, I listened to some from his press conference about the cancer that has spread to his brain. I know he professes to know Christ and I heard him say this about his situation: "I am at peace with the diagnosis and the treatment being pursued." Peace. That's what most people desire. They won't find it in any of the things this world has to offer because true peace can only be found in a person, the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

We were out a little earlier than usual last Wednesday evening and got home in time to watch most of John Luke Robertson's wedding on Duck Dynasty. Don't I DVR it? No. I don't. My contention is they will show all the episodes we have missed this season at least four or five times. And, I can always watch them on the internet which includes about the same, if not more, commercials. A&E moved up the show by 30 minutes this season but I didn't think it appropriate to call a Church business meeting to adjust our schedule. You what? You do hope I am kidding? I'm just letting you know some stuff. Okay? I did see a funny little cartoon thing on Facebook about this little blonde wife looking at her husband's cell phone and demanding that he immediately explain exactly who this girl named Amber Alert is. I had to share that one before I forgot about it. Back to the John Luke episode. We greatly enjoyed it because it was, at least to us, genuine. Some 3.5 million also watched. Funny, but also the fundamental truth about this young couple needing God as their foundation came through loud and clear. I will be embarrassed if I hear of any of you Googling Amber Alert to see who she really is. Laughing to myself, not out loud or LOL as we way too often see it.

Even though Duck Dynasty dominated cable for the wedding show and even scored high that evening against most of the regular programming on the broadcast channels, the naysayers were still dumping as much negative commentary as they could. They led their reviews with things like, No longer the juggernaut they once were.... mostly because of the hate mongering of their patriarch Phil Robertson.... yet they still do have fans. Yet? They are surprised folks. People still like that show. That's right. The mainstream high and mighty liberal media pooled all their resources to do whatever they could to kill this program. They worked hard. In the end it was the almighty dollar that caused A&E not to concede. The show makes them a ton of money. That usually ends up making the final decision. I know many of you don't care about this subject but I am an observer of the culture wars and I happen to like it when people win a battle now and then based on their stand for the Lord. It does not mean that I agree with everything the Robertson's believe about the Bible. It does mean that I appreciate programming that does its best to recognize and portray how life can unfold based on a priority of God and His truth. That's just me. And, it is my blog. WYSIWYG. (What you see is what you get.) Thanks for tuning in and may God bless us all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: