Monday, June 23, 2014

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." ~ Albert Einstein

Good to see you again. Welcome to a brand new work week that comes with another un-boxed set of episodes in this long running serial emanating from here at the ole blogger ranch. It is Monday, June 23, 2014, and we are off. I know. I usually say 'off and running' but I'm just not that into categorizing what I'm dong as 'running' this morning. Maybe tomorrow. As in the song from the musical Annie: "Tomorrow! Tomorrow!  I love ya Tomorrow! You're always A day A way!" At any rate, I heard that Facebook crashed and was completely down the other day. Worldwide. It didn't take long for folks to start making jokes about it. One fellow posted a note that said he was so sad because people all over the globe were not able to see what he was eating for lunch. Another commenter expressed grave concern that all the plastic people were suddenly not on Facebook, therefore, they were unleashed on the rest of the real world. I suppose he was implying that many folks that are on Facebook are fake. Then there was this observation: "You should have seen the folks here at work when Facebook went down. They had to develop a whole new strategy to look busy instead of their normal cover up of their Facebooking." Maybe that means if Facebook falls in the woods and no one is there, it doesn't make a sound. Or, something like that. (For the curious, the 30 minute outage occurred last Thursday at 0800 GMT which translates to 2 a.m. here in our time zone. That may well account for why I didn't notice it.)

I would ask everyone to say a prayer for my mom. She is in the hospital over in Louisiana with some internal bleeding issues. She has been on a high regimen of blood thinners and we are thinking it could be related. Saturday evening she and I were visiting and I was telling her about another lady we know through my wife's family who lives over in the same area where mom lives and how that she was in the hospital and not doing very well. Mom made the comment that we never know what a day will bring. Yesterday, after an all day vigil in two different emergency rooms, she is now being cared for in the same hospital in Alexandria where the other lady is being treated. Mom is 90 and seems to be in good spirits and we can only thank God for her, her testimony throughout her years, and how that God has allowed us to enjoy her and dad for these many years. We pray for her quick recovery and for dad as he takes care of her. We pray for God's presence and we pray that she will be comforted in knowing that so many care.  Amen.

Okay. I know it's pushing it but guess what I received in my email basket the other day? An IRS Audit Notification? Perish the thought! An unexpected huge refund from an unexpected source? One would hope! That would be almost like Christmas. Right? Well, it turned out to be my first scheduling request for a Santa appearance in the upcoming season. Hello? It's a feel like of 105 outside and someone has Santa photos on their mind? They were actually inquiring about adding a second day to what has been a one day affair for the past several years. I sent back a note and told them I would pencil it in and then we would just have to see. It's our 50th coming up in December, therefore, I'm not planning on doing as many projects as we did last year. However, it is kind of nice to know someone is thinking about you six months in advance. As they used to say back home, it will be here before you know it. Funny how that back in the day I could hardly wait for it to do just that. Now I am more inclined to say let it take it's own good, and slow, time getting here. Have a great rest of the day and may God bless each one. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: