Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Anniversary to our kids!

It's here. Again. And, it's right on time. Friday! Yippee! Thanks for tuning your dial to this station for today where we see it is June 20, 2014. Back when I was a kid we studied how that you can tell the age of a tree by counting the rings. Well, in our case, today we are counting our time here in our sojourn by the number of years our eldest Chris and his bride Sherrie have worn they rings, wedding rings to be exact. Twenty eight years. Wow! We thank God for them and their service on behalf of the Kingdom for these many years. They are privileged to have brought up three daughters and now are doting on their first grandchild, (our first great grand), Madi girl. Happy Anniversary and may God continue to bless is our prayer. Love, mom and dad

That's one way to add up my age. There are others. But, I'll spare you the waiting room comparisons conversation of who has the worst ailment. I told you that I was now on Twitter. A young pastor introduced me to one he thought I should follow, one called Back Row Baptist. They have some pretty funny stuff on there from time to time. ~ Get caught sleeping in church? Lift your hand and say "In Jesus Name, Amen." ~ Can't tell if friend is convicted during prayer or just has a runny nose. ~ Eating cucumber slices while watching Veggie Tales with my nephew. Anyone know why he keeps pointing at me and weeping uncontrollably? ~ Praying for forgiveness after my fast food order totaled up to $6.66. ~ I want to invite the Pastor to my house for dinner, but what if he sees my Dirt Devil? ~ Is sarcasm a Spiritual Gift? ~ Changed my ringtone to a guy shouting "Amen!" so I don't have to silence my phone during church. ~ Why do we need to anoint each other with oil? Can't we just use it to fry up some chicken? ~ I know some of them are corny and some are also mostly insider based but they brought a smile to me and I always like to share one with others.

Most of you know that I am out and about quite often going here and there on behalf of the Company I work for. You do see a whole lot of stuff when you are watching. Here's one for you. I've talked about the 'Slow Men Working' signs, but here's what I ran into the other day. The 'No Men Working' sign. They didn't have that on a sign but they were doing an excellent job communicating that as their status. I came up to where they had warnings about road construction. Several warnings were encountered. Finally, I get to the flag fellow who tells you when you can go. He was wearing some kind of earphone headgear that I assume was connected to the other fellow on the other end. He waved me on and I began what had to be a 2 mile jaunt down the open one lane. Those orange cones separated the vehicles from the shutdown lane. At the other end another fellow with a flag was there waiting for us to get to him so they could then reverse the process. Just one problem. There was not one single indication that any work had happened, was in the process of getting ready to happen, or might happen at some point in the future. Maybe it was a drill. Maybe they were training. The only thing I didn't see was one of those Your Tax Dollars At Work signs. I'm not sure I could have handled that one. Not a single solitary sign of life anywhere. Trust me on that one. Okay. Enough for one week or for any week, when you think about it. Have a great Saturday and Lord Day's Sunday and I promise to do my very best to not be found holding a Slow or a No Men Working sign come next Monday morning. May God bless. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: