Friday, December 27, 2013

"You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello once again. It's Friday, December 27, 2013, and we are on our way to visit mom and dad, my wife's sister, her brother and his wife, all over in that land where Community is made, Louisiana. I told you so. These days off have flown by but we cannot be more thankful for the holiday festivities that we have been able to enjoy. We try to make certain that our faith is always the basis for our celebration and I was impressed with so many of our Facebook friends and their friends and their friends who put up recognition of the Reason for the Season. Acknowledging Jesus the Christ as the basis for our joy at this time of year is appropriate since it just happens to be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. We had our annual steak cookout for our meal on Christmas Day. We've added chicken over the years due to taste changes and weight conscious family members. The other day I received a call from our eldest who asked that I not purchase his usual saddle blanket sized steak because he needs to back it down a notch or two. I laughed and told him I suppose we will all be chowing down on tofu before it's all said and done. Just for the record, my wife did point out to me that she thought I had crossed over the line in the 'eating to control my diabetes' arena, at least two or three times. And, I will not challenge her assertion because she is after all is said and done, an eyewitness. But, we leave this Christmas time with our immediate family with thankful hearts as we anticipate being with our Louisiana folks today. May God bless each one is my prayer. Amen. I will do my best to show up at our regular blog meeting spot come next Monday morning.   .....More later.

No comments: