Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - George. S. Patton

Hello and welcome once again to Thursday's attempt to bite off more than I can chew, a feat I have proven that I am up to many times in the past. It is December 12, 2013 and I can tell you those shopping days until..... are slip sliding away my friend, faster than I've seen them do so in recent memory. Okay, there's some pretty funny twitter tweets out there flying around and I thought I would share a few that made me chuckle. One lady said that clean sheet day involves her brushing the Pringles' crumbs over to his side of the bed. I can really identify with this fellow who said that obviously his first language is 'typo'. When asked about his exercise regimen, this guy had his answer ready: My top 5: - jumping to conclusions - flying off the handle - carrying things too far - dodging responsibilities - and, pushing my luck. One tweeter had this as a way of getting out of annoying conversations at a dinner party, "Sorry if I seem to be a little quiet this evening but it's my first outing since the psychiatrist declared me unfit to stand trial." That would probably make me back off. What say you?

I have learned what a 'selfie' is. It's a self taken photo typically to be uploaded for viewing on Facebook or one of the other social networking sites. Among a vast majority of the young computer, gaming, social networking, texting age groups, it is the rage. Even our President got himself into one. However, it is not going over well in many places in the world. Why? He allowed himself to be a party to a 'selfie' while attending the memorial service for Nelson Mandella. Lacking in respect and in poor taste is what many European commentators have said. Many have also commented that Mrs. Obama appeared not to be amused in the least. Their thought is that she most likely considered it to be beneath the dignity of the office. Perhaps for all those teens who forever and ever post shots of themselves on Facebook, this was great because it showed him connecting with them. I've had a fair amount of 'selfies' taken by those who want to get themselves seen with Santa, but, I'm not the President on an official mission to represent our nation at a memorial service for an international icon. The others in the photo were Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, the photo taker, and British Prime Minister David Cameron. Mr. Cameron is already getting heaps of criticism in his own country. The Danes seem thus far to think it more humorous than anything else. I report. You decide.

This has not been a good year for the only true democracy and our staunch ally in the Middle East, Israel. The United Nations this week voted overwhelmingly to make 2014 the year of solidarity with the Palestinian people. The Palestinians want to evict Israel from the lands given to them by Jehovah God through the Abrahamic Covenant. In addition to this, the United States has pretty much ignored Israel and their concerns in our rush to make nice with the Iranians. Those who study prophecy from the Bible tell us it speaks of a time when the entire world will turn against God's chosen people.The steady knock wears the rock. I am one of those who believe that while we may not understand each and every detail regarding the unfolding of God's final plan here on earth, we can know that Israel is at the heart of its implementation. We can also be sure that every prediction and every promise will be carried out according to God's will and in His timing. We need to be seeing all of these things happening around us through the lens of truth as given to us in God's Holy Word. I'll give myself an Amen on that one. May God bless America and may God bless His chosen people, the nation of Israel. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: