Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"The sharpest memory of our old-fashioned Christmas eve is my mother's hand making sure I was settled in bed." Paul Engle

Happy Christmas Eve! It's Tuesday, December 24, 2013, the day before, but you knew that already. I don't really have anything important to add to your day but I can share a few more funnies I've bumped into recently. ~ Men get frustrated because they don’t understand how women think. Women get frustrated because they understand exactly how men think. ~ How dare for you to incinerate that I lack skill in understanding certain words. ~ Ever notice how the roof of your car is about the lousiest cup holder you will ever find. ~ One major problem we have in the world is that really intelligent people are full of doubts while really stupid people are full of confidence. ~ If you really want to hide something from your wife, put it in her purse. She'll never find it in there. ~ Furniture that you bring home and assemble yourself could be called divorce in a box. ~ Let me assure you that you do not have to be crazy to work here. We will train you. ~ I've either gained a few pounds or there's a big bowl of Jello following close behind me. ~ Could you hold that pose a little longer, I have a call coming in so I need to answer my camera. ~ Since all good things come to an end, well, in this case maybe even the not so good eventually comes to an end, so here's a final one and I am sure you will be glad of that: ~ Here's a pick-up line for older folks, Honey, you better call Life-Alert because I've fallen for you and I can't get up. ~

Surely there was one of those that brought a smile. Every family has their own traditions. Some do very special things today and this evening. Others wait until tomorrow. One thing I can say is how that Christmas has been a very special time of year for me throughout my life. We look forward to having our bunch here tomorrow for a time of family, fellowship, and feasting. We may not literally kill the fatted calf but we will be doing our best to enjoy our hot off the grill steaks along with all the trimmings. That doesn't sound like Christmas dinner to you? That's okay. We've been having steaks on Christmas day since our boys were in their teens. That's our tradition. Enjoy yours. Mostly we come to this time with thankful hearts that we are able to plan a day for family and we know that God has provided for us. And, we will not forget that our Savior is and always will be the real Reason for the Season. Amen.     ....More later.

No comments: