Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Special thanks to God for those who are a part of this very special day!

Today we celebrate the convergence of three special events. It is Wednesday, December 18, 2013. We want to express our special appreciation and birthday greetings to Mitzi, wife of our youngest son Rodney, and mother to three very special kiddos, our grandchildren, Kyleigh, Lexie, and Brady. She is a very special lady and we thank God for her. Her middle name could easily be Busy because she is always on the go with work, home, and special activities for the kids. May God bless you, Mitzi, on this, your special day. Love, Mom and Dad. We also recognize our middle son Jimmy's firstborn and our very first grandson, Jimmy Jr, who was also born on the 18th. He has been bringing joy into our lives ever since he was born and it has been our blessed privilege to watch him grow and develop into the young man he has become. We pray God's best into his life on this, his special day. Happy 17th Jimmy Jr., from your MiMi and Poppy.

Then we have this one to contemplate. The 18th is also the 49th anniversary of Marilyn and I standing in her parent's living room in the parsonage of New Hope Baptist Church, Anacoco, Louisiana, before her brother, a brand new preacher boy, Bro. Milton, and both of us shakily responding with, "I do." That below freezing Friday evening was obviously a historical moment for us and I can do nothing but be thankful to God for her and the forty nine years we have had as a couple. People used to say, "But you both look so young." They might still say that about her but they quit having those thoughts about me some time ago. The white beard? Yeah. That could well be the reason. I'll go with that one. Who would have ever thought I would be in the business of enjoying it being so white? Ho..Ho..Ho! As I contemplate this long stretch that God has allowed to us, I am well aware that it has not always been an easy road to travel, but we have persevered, grown in our love and devotion, and we can be thankful for the blessings along the way. I have a wonderful wife and I do my best to tell the Lord everyday how thankful I am for her. Thanks Sweetheart. Happy Anniversary and you know what I think about it....Baby you're the greatest!

I end today's visit with a little poem. It's unattributed but I think very appropriate as I consider the impact this lady has had on my life.

Blessing that is You

This morning when you awaken
from your peaceful sleep
please know, all day long
that someone loves you
and that someone is me;

You’re always in my thoughts
and in my heart and prayers too
and everyday I thank God
for the blessing that is you.

That will do for today. Enjoy. And, may God add His blessings to our day. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: