Thursday, April 11, 2013

Welcome to my world where I typically serve up variety. Defined as: "The quality or condition of being various or varied; diversity."

What a busy last few days. But, here we are, we have landed on the one we have before us, and, we open up the calendar book and there it is, all ready for whatever we are able to accomplish, on this, Thursday, April 11, 2013. I suppose when you are a serial blog writer and I do plead guilty to that charge, you notice things and at times you realize that when you notice them they might just become a good idea for a little observational analysis. Number one object? People, of course. I know. Pets are the cat's meow so to speak but we are not pet people. Just this week I was talking to someone and made the statement that we do not have a pet. Their response: "Why do you hate animals?" That's not even beginning to be the first time I was asked that exact same thing and it is usually said in a very critical sounding manner. Now I could have been crude and told them that to prove I don't hate animals I try to eat me some nearly every single day. However, I was on my best behavior and simply remarked, "Why does not owning a pet mean that someone hates animals?" I'm not trying to stir up an argument here, but come on folks. I don't have a pet because we have more than we can say grace over without one, and, if that qualifies as being a pet hater, well, whoopy-do! Talk about stereotyping. Next thing you know we will have those PETA people protesting on our front lawn. Maybe they will eat the tops off our grass and save us a mowing.

Now that is a bird who loves animals. Yum Yum.
Speaking of animals, the other day in the wee hours of the morning I ran up on a huge owl sitting in the middle of the road. That's the first time I ever saw one that large up close. He or she must have been preoccupied with the fresh kill or road kill because it didn't even move and I had to swerve to miss that bird. I did. See there. I am not an animal hater! We have some that nest in our neighborhood at home and they are loud but rarely have we seen them. This one did not seem in the least to be intimidated by the oncoming vehicle. It did do that weird deal where it spins its head like a Lazy Susan. I've dodged just about everything else. Might as well add the Texas Great Horned Owl to the list. That Texas part is important because we all know things are bigger in Texas. This one probably weighed around 10 pounds. Easily could have fed several meals for a family of four. Just kidding. And, yes, I do know what the book says. Approximately 6 pounds is the maximum, but we are talking Texas. Got it? Good. That was almost as startling as that flock of buzzards grazing under that Church sign where they were telling people to come there because of how alive they are. You cannot make this stuff up. I'm telling you. You can't!

We saw some wonderful friends that we had not seen in a long time at the anniversary celebration last Sunday. One former member who still reads my blog each day said she can't pass the coffee isle where the Community is displayed without thinking of me. Good. You remember it was my sister who said I needed to become a coffee spokesperson for Community. I started to say coffee evangelist because that term has been used like that before. Microsoft coined the term technology evangelist a number of years ago. That would be someone who promotes the acceptance of technology innovations. I didn't use it that way because the common accepted definition restricts it to its connection to the Gospel message. And, the good news about Jesus and His willingness to save any and all who come to Him is in a class by itself. I think it best to keep it isolated because of the overwhelming magnitude of God's love message to the world as carried by those called out to tell everyone about it. I know you are glad I cleared that one up. Now, it's time to get on with it and I bid you God's speed as you go. Amen.   ...More later.

No comments: