Monday, April 8, 2013

Eye witness description of the intruder: "He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf, And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself! A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread."

Hello one and all. I welcome you to this edition scheduled to be published today, Monday, April 8, 2013. Last time I visited I talked about trying to come up with something for Episode 1501. You might know I would have something, if nothing else, fueled by this 3rd or 4th cup of go juice. Don't I know anything about moderation? It depends on what one is talking about. Right? If it is something I think you should be considering, well, I am very much concerned about the moderation concept. However, when it comes to your concern for me, now that my friend is totally different. Why? It's a very long story and it might even be connected in one way or another to the 2nd Amendment, but, suffice it to say, I have developed over an extended period of time, a unique process for dealing with the go juice, therefore, what might be typical for someone else, well, it just wouldn't apply to me. What about the 'wired' factor? Jittery? All keyed up? I can tell you this, my hands don't move as much as some people, and I do take precautions. I always do my blood sugar prick before I have the go juice. I wouldn't want to be seen chasing my finger with that little sticking device. See what I mean? Got it covered folks, yep, got it covered. But, thanks for your concern. It is appreciated.

One of the established roles of a free press in the American experience has been to hold those in power accountable. This has been a powerful check on power at the highest levels. (Remember Watergate?) There's a growing concern on the part of many observers that this particular feature of press activism has been sorely lacking, or better stated, totally absent during the current administration's tenure. Simply stated, it is a proven fact that most of the major news entities are staffed by left leaning individuals. Proven. They are liberal in their persuasion. They are essentially in favor of 99% of the policies of this current administration. Their support shows up in their reporting. How? By the way they emphasize certain facets, positive and negative. By the way they leave out reporting that might interfere with getting these policies into law. There have been hints of this throughout our history but it's clear that today's total abrogation of this responsibility is unprecedented. A recent respected poll indicated that 1 in 4 Americans believe that President Obama might be the anti-Christ as described in the Bible. Could it be a reflection of this fawning press that praises any and all things done by this President regardless of their rightness or their impact? Whatever it is, folks, it's strange, very strange indeed!

I thought you might like to know that I received my first inquiry about my Santa business for the upcoming Christmas season. (Only 260 shopping days remaining.) It's getting earlier and earlier. This was from another professional studio photographer in our area. Her message was time stamped at 11 p.m. Maybe she couldn't sleep and was trying to conjure up visions of sugar plums dancing in her head when she thought about Santa and it prompted her to send that message. The real question from folks like this is always about what I charge. I provided our rates and told her I would look forward to working with her, if it can be coordinated. I sent her one of my favorite photos from last year, you know, to whet her appetite. I did see a Facebook page where a fellow was advertising himself as the Year 'round Santa. The latest gig featured on his page was an elementary school appearance on January 16. Maybe he is just behind on posting, but I suppose I had better stick to my day job for now but it's never too early to send out that famous greeting from the jolly old dude himself: "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!" Have a great Monday and may God bless each one. Amen.     ....More later.

No comments: