Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am Blogger-Man, watch me roar, and roar, and roar!

Okay. So my granddad was right. He often wondered out loud when I was talking on and on if I was ever going to come up for air and now after having pecked out 400 blogs, (that’s how many I’ve done but a couple have yet to be published), you are most likely, on this Wednesday, the 26th day of November 2008 wondering the exact same thing! But that’s okay because to be honest I have the same concern about myself when I read some of what I have written. I need to archive these and preserve them so that if God grants our planet enough years that one day one of my great-great-great grandchildren might open them up and fall all over themselves while reading my version of comic relief written so many years before. I wrote my first one in this format back in May of 2007 and the rest have come and gone at least 400 times.

Repetitive? No doubt some have been just that. But when you only have one life and one set of eyes to view it through, one would expect a rerun now and then. I go back occasionally and read one or two at random and for the most part I’m satisfied with the subjects covered if not the quality of the writing. I know from time to time people comment on them, therefore, there are those who read them. I’ve never received an official request to quit sending them to those on my delivery list, however, I am tuned in enough to know how in-baskets fill up and how time might dictate the use of the delete key when necessary. At any rate, it is what it is and for me it has been a fantastic ride not only down memory lane but also all over the road, ditches included. I never really know exactly what’s coming out until it does and I will just tell you there have been times when I am quite sure God has been pleased with what I have tried to convey, and when I sense that happening I always try to pause and give Him thanks for His hand in it all.

A few friends have told me they could never practice enough discipline to do one on such a consistent basis. Others have commented on the fact that one would have to be gifted to come up with this much stuff. I appreciate all the compliments but I happen to think it is more in line with my grandfather’s thoughts, a flowing well that just keeps on keeping on. Life is my subject. My life. The life given to me by God and especially the life changed by His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Here’s what I had to say in the final paragraph from my first blog on May 9, 2007: “One final thought in this opening monologue: I know that without God as the foundation of my life through my identity with His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, there would be little hope in all the ups and downs encountered in this journey called life.” Three hundred ninety nine blogs later and all I can say is that I couldn’t now say it better than I said it back then. Will there be 400 more? I do not have a clue but I have enjoyed this outlet in sharing the life and times I’ve been privileged to be a part of for these 60 plus years. Thanks to all those who have read and especially to any and all that have experienced a smile or an encouragement in the Lord as they have journeyed with me. May He be honored as we make our way forward from here. Amen.

I do send out a greeting of blessing to one and all on this Thanksgiving commemoration. May God richly bless each one. The place where we are staying does not have internet access, therefore, I will be on a short sabbatical for the next few days. But Lord willing I will be back to start with a brand new blog number 401 next Monday. Until then I will leave you with this reminder or warning ……yes, Virginia, after 400 installments, there not only is a Santa Claus but it also looks like there will be .…..more later!

No comments: