Friday, November 14, 2008

The bigger they are the more humble they can become!

Welcome to the Friday edition of ‘You must be kidding!’ on this November 14, 2008. This past Wednesday I had a visit here at my office from a fellow I had not seen in well over a year. His name is Pat. He is a superintendent for a building construction company. I worked with Pat on a building they did for our company last year. During our association we became connected because we are both believers, both Bible seekers, and both desirous of learning more and more about God and all He has for us as His very own. I am a small person and Pat is not a small person. He, in fact, is a huge hulk of a man, about 6 foot seven inches and carrying nearly 300 pounds. We must be a sight walking and talking together in deep conversation about difficult biblical passages, our most recent studies, and related forth and back discussions.

He came by unexpectedly because it had just been too long since we had been able to share. He said he felt like he owed me some additional response on the last conversation we had about the various views regarding the impeccability of our Lord and Savior. This teaching has to do with Jesus being the God Man and whether in His humanity He could have sinned or not. I believe the record of The Scriptures indicates that He could not because of Him being God. Pat sees it differently but we do our forth and back in a very loving and enjoyable manner. Of course we gush out with all kinds of other things going on in our lives, our studies, and to tell the truth, I always feel blessed when we have been able to have a good time of fellowship.

Pat’s testimony is powerful. He was raised to know the truth of the Gospel but did not truly find Jesus as His personal Savior and Lord until he was 28 years old. The journey has not been easy but he is a brilliant thinker and leads with a love for the Lord that is captivating. It’s quite amazing to observe this giant of a man being moved to tears as he tells about his latest encounter with the Lord through the study of His word. I know his testimony and I can assure you he was able and did utilize his size and strength in all kinds of ways before coming to Christ. Now his eyes glisten like a child seeing a brand new toy for the first time as he tells about how God is using certain verses and circumstances to work in his life. How could this be possible? I said earlier it is amazing and it is just that: “Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see.” Wow! You would have to see it first hand but believe me it encourages anyone when you see someone so enthralled in their journey with God. And, I do look up to him; both from a spiritual standpoint and will always look way up to him from a physical viewpoint. Let this testimony be an encouragement to you --- TODAY! Because what God did for me, or Pat, or anyone else, He can do for you! Have a great Saturday and Sunday and I do hope to see you back here at the old keyboard click clacking away on Monday. Amen. …More later.

No comments: