Monday, February 8, 2021

Instagram quote during the Super Bowl: "Keep your friends close and your snacks closer."


Good morning and welcome. It is Monday, February 8, 2021. We have a neighbor who is a lawyer. She is an animal lover and has plenty of them hanging around her place including a few chickens. She recently gave me a half dozen yard eggs and they were wonderfully delicious. I took some of the Louisiana whole hog sausage, (called by the name of the wife's brother as in Cleon-sausage), and paired it with one of the neighbor's bright orange egg yolks on a slice of cheese toast. Talk about good! I did see some dire predictions last week about the potential shortage of chicken wings leading up to the Super Bowl. They were expecting nearly 42% of households to be watching the game between the Bucs and the Chiefs, an estimated 100 million people watching in the US. As for chicken wings, they predicted a record 1.24 billion wings to be consumed. We didn't watch the game and we didn't eat any chicken wings but I did see the score being updated on Twitter. I did go to the grocery store after Church on Sunday and the one I visited did have a lot of blank spaces on the shelves. I suppose the Super Bowl still has its impact.


The Twins, born 18 months apart. One playing the wedding music. One coordinating the wedding. These girls are still amazing! 

Today is important since the wife will be returning from helping coordinate the wedding for our niece in Florida. She and her sister left last Wednesday. The sister played the wedding music and the wife was the wedding coordinator. I saw the photos and they tell me it was a wonderful affair. Our niece, Callie, is a wonderful Godly young woman, granddaughter of our lately departed dear Bro. Milton and his wife Glenda. It's surprising what kinds of things one can cook up to eat when you are fending for yourself for six days, but, I did not waste away and I'm pretty sure I didn't lose any weight. I will be glad to have her home. That is for sure!



I thought this image from Facebook was cute. It summarizes the outcome of the game pretty well. Have yourself a remarkable day and don't forget to give God the glory. Always and forever. Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: