Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Bentley's Barkology Blog


Bentley here. Good morning. It is Wednesday, February 10, 2021, and I bring you greetings from my world to yours. That photo was taken yesterday. He put up on that stump and clicked away. He never explained why I was on the stump but I've learned to just go along with his choices. I've had a rough time of it trying to hold everything together while the so-called master of the house dealt with his illness. He was so sick he hardly could even play with me, much less take me on my morning inspection tour of the neighborhood. But, he's back now. Thank goodness for that. Our routine is pretty much what it was before all of the fever, chills, and coughing. Our cat-lady neighbor behind us has lost a couple of her beloved cats. I heard her say she had both of them for nearly 17 years. I suppose that must be a good long time. Long enough to use up their 9 lives and then some. One was named Little Man and the other was Gracie. I will miss them pestering me but their colleague Shadow is still around and he keeps me going most of the time. Shadow must have seen the Lion King movie and got the idea he was the real king of this neighborhood. He still loves to prance and strut around, especially when he sees me laying at the glass doors. He will not stop until I go into a spasm. That seems to please him very much. And, yes, he still makes fun of me having the leash on. He actually mocks me. Don't feel too sorry for our neighbor. She still has about 8 cats to take care of along with her pup, Angel. She is a good friend to me and when I visit she has special snacks she keeps for me, and, as a special treat, she gives me a handful of salmon flavored cat food. Don't let anyone know but the truth is I've grown quite fond of that cat food. Yum Yum.



I do my best every day to keep the mood light and to show the folks here how much I love them. I think I may have the best home in the world. I hear them say how spoiled I am, but, I can feel the love every time I jump up into their laps. Thanks for showing up today and I will do my best to keep an eye on things here. May God bless. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: