Wednesday, February 3, 2021

"I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." – Benjamin Franklin


Good morning. It's Wednesday, February 3, 2021. I do hope everyone is doing well. I am pleased to bring greetings to one and all. I do appreciate those who take the time to hear (read) what I have to say (write). I also appreciate the comments and thoughts sent to me. As I continue this journey, I saw the mile marker was now at 3516 blogs. I had thought 3500 might be a good stopping destination but it got up into my rearview mirror before I noticed it. Maybe 3600. Or, whenever the time is appropriate. I do pray I will recognize it when I see it. I don't want to end up like some fellows who used to work for me at the big company. Someone remarked one day how they thought these guys had retired. I immediately responded, essentially, they have retired but they've not yet left the building. I may have worn out my welcome here, but, for now, I am still at it which only reminds us all of my Granddad's prophetic word spoken over me as a kid, "Will this boy ever come up for air?" "Not today, PawPaw, not today!"


I just read an update from a missionary friend who serves from a mission ship based in the western Pacific Ocean near the island of Palau. The islands they minister to require them to sail many miles to visit. Because of the situation involving the American oil and gas industry, they are already seeing a precipitous rise in the cost of diesel fuel. This missionary went on to give his views on why our country is so much better off in being oil and gas independent instead of what we will likely see more and more dependence on foreign sources. This was just a snippet from my friend but it does remind us all that elections have consequences and they can even impact Americans who are carrying the Gospel to people all over the world. He reiterated his faith that God will provide and I say Amen to that.

Now it's time for us all to get on with the life God has graciously given to us. May He be our source as we face each and every day. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: