Tuesday, December 8, 2020

“Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.” ― Ronald Reagan


Hello and welcome to our Tuesday edition coming to you today, December 8, 2020.  The other evening at the Santa event we did, one little girl, maybe 7 or 8, was told by her mom to remove her mask long enough to snap the photo. The child was sitting on a bench in front of us. She didn't want to and when she did, she hollered loudly Coronavirus! Coronavirus! Coronavirus! This seemed a little much for one so young but obviously, she was very aware and concerned about the threat. My reason for mentioning it is to wonder out loud about the impact over the long haul of that type of conditioning. I would hate to think that little girl goes to bed at night fearful that she might somehow contract the Coronavirus. As for the economic impact of the pandemic, the issues continue. I'm sure the Democrats want everyone to forget how President Trump and the Republican leadership worked for months leading up to the election to try and strike a deal on providing relief for those hardest hit along with small businesses. Nancy Pelosi loaded up the proposals with spending she knew was dead on arrival. Why? They did not want any relief to be made available that could be credited to President Trump. Now things have changed. President-elect Joe Biden is now lamenting the plight of those hurt by the pandemic and he wants something done immediately. Suddenly, Nancy agrees. I know. I know. Politics as usual. Tell that to the small businesses boarding up their facilities and laying off all their employees.



I know during this time of trouble, many believers have become reacquainted with prayer. I am reminded of the prayer of Nehemiah when he received the report about the dire circumstances and pitiful conditions of his beloved homeland of Israel and the city of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 1:4-11.

 As soon as I heard these words I sat down and wept and mourned for days, and I continued fasting and praying before the God of heaven. And I said, “O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open, to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day and night for the people of Israel your servants, confessing the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you. Even I and my father's house have sinned. We have acted very corruptly against you and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, and the rules that you commanded your servant Moses. Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples, but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there I will gather them and bring them to the place that I have chosen, to make my name dwell there.’ 10 They are your servants and your people, whom you have redeemed by your great power and by your strong hand. 11 O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant, and to the prayer of your servants who delight to fear your name, and give success to your servant today, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.” Now I was cupbearer to the king.



These are difficult times we are living in. God was the answer in the days of Nehemiah and He is still the answer today. May we all find ourselves seeking Him. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: