Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Happy Birthday to my sister, JoAnn!


Good morning and welcome to today's edition on this Tuesday, December 29, 2020. It is my sister JoAnn's birthday today. She got the caring gene along with the Jesus fix and it shows. She loves others and while her health doesn't allow her to be out and about like she would prefer, she can spend a lot of her time encouraging others and praying for them. She is a determined prayer warrior and I am blessed because of her attention to the details in seeking God and His provisions. At our ages, her now 76 and me, halfway to 75, we look back and realize that it has been and continues to be only God and His grace that has sustained us. Happy Birthday, Sis, and may He continue to provide is my prayer. Amen. Our love, marilyn, and al. 



We sure love the trees that surround our living quarters here. We love the shade they provide. We are also very aware that having trees means you will have leaves. On the ground. Lots of trees. Lots of leaves. Yesterday I mowed the leaves on the mulch setting on our mower. While I was mowing, there was a slight breeze and it was raining leaves. While I was mulching the leaves on the ground. That leaf dust does a number on my sinuses, therefore, I wear a mask when I am working in the yard. My neighbors probably think I am one of those paying close attention to the COVID-19 protocols, but, I really am just trying to reduce the amount of leaf dust I breathe in. At any rate, yesterday I found a mask I had not tried before. I have this big issue with the mask fogging up my glasses. This mask didn't do that. I was very proud of this development until I figured out why it was working the way it did. I didn't have my glasses on. Hey! This is how us old folks roll. Might as well laugh and to be honest, I was still proud of that mask for not fogging up my glasses.



One of the blessings in our lives is to enjoy time with our family including our great grands. The photo is of two of them, Gabi and Bella. We hope to figure out a way to get the same type of poses from our Madi and the newest edition, Ava, over in San Antonio. I know. I do spend quite a bit of time on these types of moments. Here's how I see it. If you are Santa and Mrs. Claus, you might as well share the experience with those closest to you. In fact, one of the reasons we decided to go forward with our Christmas family gathering had to do with our experience with the foster home girls. We reasoned that if we would allow those needy girls to practically maul us, well, couldn't we at least spend time with those in our family? It may be faulty logic, but, it did produce the opportunity to make memories like the one above. Have a blessed day and may God be near to each of us. Amen. .....More later. 

No comments: