Thursday, December 17, 2020

"Waiter, what's this bug doing in my soup?" "I think it's doing the backstroke!"


Good Thursday morning to one and all on this December 17, 2020.  The other morning I was finishing my first cup of Community Coffee and something came into my mouth that was not supposed to be there. Yep. It was a little bug. That will always get your attention. And, I quickly add it wasn't the first time and probably will not be the last. It did gross out the wife, but, I couldn't help thinking how the little fellow was no doubt enjoying the rich aroma of that famous Louisiana brew before saying goodnight for the last time. How could something like this happen? I typically use the same cup over and over and I don't necessarily wash it very often. It stays under the Keurig spout. I make my first cup pretty much in the dark so I would not have noticed it being there. As I told the wife, I've had larger ones over the years, and, I have no idea how many tiny ones I may have swallowed. I hope I haven't ruined anyone's breakfast, but, life does not always play itself out without anything to bug us. Pun intended. Think about it, his last words may have been "Don't bug me until I've had my coffee." 



While we should be well aware of the calendar, it does seem like we woke up and suddenly found out Christmas Day is next week. We, like many others, are still sorting through our options regarding what to do about our traditional Christmas family gathering. I think the clarion call from the folks designated as experts is an even more emphatic plea for people to forego any personal contact during this particular holiday season. We typically do steaks on Christmas Day, therefore, deciding our plans becomes important in terms of making preparations. As far as gifts and things like that, we are doing what we always do and if we have to deliver them later or even postpone Christmas until say February, well, so be it. Our family will do our best to coordinate a response together based on what we believe to be best for us. May God help us to get this virus situation behind us so that we can find a modicum of normalcy for our everyday lives. Amen



I do find myself more and more these days doing old people types of things. The other day I missed an important eye examination due to the fact that I went to the wrong location. I went there intentionally. I did. I really did. It's where I have always gone for my eye exam. However, the instructions for the appointment clearly indicated my doctor would be working at a different location that day. I notice sometimes how the wife misplaces things and just as I am about to say something, wham! I get this sudden surge of me having done the exact same thing. Just yesterday. I hate it when it happens that way. At least we can still laugh about it even though it can be somewhat aggravating at times. The fellow at the desk where I went for the wrong location appointment told me where the other place was. Or, he told me what it was close to. I immediately conjured up the location in my mind. He was wrong and I went to the second place where I did not have an appointment. I can now claim cataract troubles on days when things show up on the electronic page just a wee bit cloudy. Oh well, have yourself a merry little day out there, and may God add His blessings. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: