Tuesday, July 28, 2020

"Life is so boring when you don't have an online order to wait for." ~ copied

Hello everyone and welcome. It's Tuesday, July 28, 2020, and the journey continues. I took the old fliver, (pick-up truck), in for a state inspection and oil change last week. I always breathe a sigh of relief when it passes the inspection. It will soon be at 197,500 miles and I actually said a little prayer of thanks when they signaled it was ready to be picked up. I came home and logged into the state motor vehicle website to renew my tags. Once you put in the VIN and Tag number, the rest is pretty easy. Having completed the first part, I was happy because they gave a $1 discount for renewing online. Once I got to the payment part, I paid, but at the end, they added a $2 handling fee. I suppose it's their version of now I give and now I take away. I printed out the renewal receipt just in case I were to need to show proof. I recently went through a similar procedure to renew my driver's license. It was very easy to do. However, one forgets what the photo looks like on the current license. When I received the renewed license in the mail it looked like what might have been expected, a copy of a copy of a really notoriously bad photograph. I showed it to my middle son and said to him, "Would you like to see a preview of what I will look like when I die?" I was just glad they renewed the cotton-picking thing online. I know when you get older they have to eventually retest you or maybe even strip search you. I heard one older person telling how they got theirs renewed much to the surprise of their kids. The eye test machine was broken and they were able to renew without having the test done. Lucky for them, I guess, but, maybe not so lucky for other drivers in their area.

When we eat donuts, we prefer, always, Shipleys. Fortunately, we have one less than 10 minutes from our home. The other day I got there around 6:30 a.m. I've known the older Hispanic ladies who work there for many years. (Not because we are in there that much, because we are once a month buyers and they have been there for years.) They are always very pleasant. As I was checking out, one of them asked me, "You are Santa, right?" I told her I was. She then wanted to know, "What will you do about the upcoming season?" I told her I didn't have a clue and that after 11 years we are more than ready to sit out any appearances if that is necessary. She was disappointed, "Oh no. I hope not." I gave her the we will have to wait and see and they smiled and waved as I left. I tell you, I really appreciate working with the same folks over time. Who would have ever thought? Two little Hispanic ladies who were concerned about Santa. They brought it up and when they did I pulled down my mask to show my full beard and they were happy. Life can be interesting at times.

Our pastor mentioned it might be a good idea to go for a few days in a row without paying a lot of attention to or making a lot of comments about the pandemic situation. He went on to say what he had been seeing posted by good God-fearing people made it clear they must have gotten their education from Facebook Univesity. I couldn't agree with him more on that one. He said if he gets one more of those that say you better read this before they take it down, he thinks he might head for the hills. Those always amuse me as well. You know. If someone says Facebook took this down, well, that makes it true. Right? Why else would they have taken it down? When I see the one taken down posted by 100 people back to back to back, it makes me wonder if it ever was taken down, to begin with. But, whether it is true or not true has nothing to do with what caveat is added by the one posting. If something cannot be independently verified then it might be best not to share it no matter how much you might think it supports your viewpoint. Most people on 'our' side decry fake news as a greater plague than even COVID, however, anything posted that's not true, regardless of where it comes from, is still either unfactual or fake. I saw a fire breathing God-loving person complaining about people personally attacking him on social media when the stuff he put up wasn't even his own material. He said he did nothing more than to pass it on. Read that one again and think about it a little. Okay. I could go on, but, I'll put a plug in it for now and catch up with you again real soon. Have a God blessed day. Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: