Thursday, May 16, 2019

"The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters" (Psalm 24:1-2)

As the song says, "And the beat goes on." So it does. It does so today on this Thursday, May 16, 2019. If I happen to be out driving in the morning I always listen to Dan Celia on the radio. He hosts a program called Financial Issues on the American Family Radio channel. Everyone knows we are at odds with China right now regarding trade issues. China has enjoyed an unfair advantage in our markets for many years. This has not been dealt with in the past because of wanting to keep prices as low as possible. President Trump wants to even the playing field and has recently started taking actions to see this happen. This has the stock market and all the financial markets spooked. Dan, talking about this, made these points. Our economy is still the envy of the world. We have the strongest job market in over 50 years. The mainstream media is selling panic and fear. This is due to their bias against President Trump. The Democratic Party wants farmers to be hurt. Trump won them in the last election and the Democrats don't want that to happen again. The reporting has been done breathlessly as if a Depression is at hand. However, the stock market rebounded on Tuesday morning as investors had time to digest the news. This trade situation is serious. China is playing hardball right now because they do not want to give up the advantages they have. We will see what will happen, but, Dan's message is to stay focused on the positives and do not let the mainstream media cause you to act in a way that will end up hurting your investment strategy over the longer term. My take: Dan is a man of God. He has a proven track record in offering Godly advice to people regarding the management of the financial resources God has blessed them with. I believe him, as opposed to the doomsday headlines bombarding the airwaves today.

Even though the mainstream media no longer denies their bias against President Trump, it is still amazing how many people buy whatever they are pushing, hook, line, and sinker. (Hook, line, and sinker is an analogy to fishing tackle where a fish can be deceived and in so doing it would swallow it all, hook, line, and sinker.) They are able to use their platforms to shape public opinion. They are rarely held accountable for the information slant that misinforms and misleads. I know it sounds like I am a voice for our current president. I am not! HOWEVER, I am AGAINST any and all who would further degrade the values that made our country, by God's grace and provision, the greatest to have ever existed. That's right. Sure. It would be better to be FOR something rather than having to choose to be AGAINST all the time. I get that, but, reality isn't a fairy tale, it is what we have to deal with in the real world. The direction promised by any of those who will run against President Trump in the next election cycle makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That is the world I live in. Others see it differently. Thankfully, we are all still able to make up our own minds. The bottom line, while there is not so much good to be proud of, there is a great evil at work that compels us to take a stand. My thoughts only.

I appreciate the advice, but, I actually am not needing to take a time out, count to ten, or breathe deeply until I calm down. Hopefully, I am not angry as much as I am concerned. One reason I can express myself as I do is that the foundation of my view is grounded in God who created all things. Regardless of the way people interpret current events, regardless of how they decide to vote, regardless of how our country is shaped going forward, God still has the final say on it all. Given that truth, why would we be so concerned? Good question. We have children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren who will have to make it in what we as a nation become. I am burdened for them and for all future generations. Yes. I am aware of the Scriptures that tell us there will be a falling away and rejection of God and His Word before the end. This will usher in God's judgment. At the same time, He has provided for us to come before Him with those things that burden our hearts. This is what we do. This is who we are. Now you know. I think you already knew but I threw it out there anyway. May God help us to be those who do take a stand. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: