Wednesday, May 1, 2019

"A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple." – John Florio (1553-1625)

We are still at it, perhaps, a wee bit slower than when we started, but, still here, and thankful to be up and going on this Wednesday, May 1, 2019. When many of you read today's episode, I will most likely be reclined in the dentist chair doing the prep work required for the crown to be installed. I scheduled it for 7 a.m., the earliest appointment I could get. That's always a two-sided choice. On the one hand, I always want to get in and out as soon as I can. On the other, you do deal with folks who may still be trying to wake up, including those who have their hands in your mouth. No one ever wants the person with the drill to nod off while working on your teeth. I suppose the dentist of the year is entitled to at least a little 'plaque'. And, no wonder they can be moody, they are always looking down in the mouth. They actually do their part for the economy because they always help people put their money where their mouth is. I did hear about the rude dentist who told the fellow complaining about his yellow teeth that maybe he should wear a brown tie. I would suggest the worst thing you might hear while in the chair, "Call up Dentist.101 on the internet and hit the 'totally lost' icon, and hurry!"

Robert Irvine, Food Network
A little humor to start out the day. I know. Very little. My dentist works out. He reminds me a little of that guy who does the Dinner Impossible show on the Food Network. You notice that when he sticks those muscled up fingers in your mouth. His breathing is like one of those water buffaloes on National Geographic. Not quite. I was reaching on that one. I actually don't even know his name even though I've helped support him and his family. I think he is really proud of his appearance, especially his physique. I've been around a number of people who get to that level and that does have the potential of coming with the territory. After all, he has to spend a lot of time making those polo shirts nearly burst. I don't know that I would do that well at the gym. You know. You show up and they have 75 workout stations and only one is available. What would I do? I would go back home because the one I like the most is being used. Or perhaps I would come up with some really good excuses of why not to go today. ~ I have some frozen fish at home and the expiration date is today, so, I need to go take care of it. ~ I left my favorite water bottle at home. ~ I do need to spend some time reviewing all those archived emails in my spam folder. ~ And, I read where sleep is actually more important than exercise. ~

Observations. That's what I write about. I am aware they are in the eye of the beholder, therefore, yours may be quite different than mine. Mr. Bentley and I ride around the neighborhood from time to time in the old pickup. He dearly loves sticking his head out of the driver's side window and catching the breeze. While we were driving the other day I noticed a driveway with a couple of vehicles advertising their roofing business. I looked up at the roof on their house. It looked like it could fall off at any time. I'm not sure why I noticed that but I did. They have a TV commercial for a local cosmetic dental service here in our area. They show all the latest techniques they use and the one-day implant total replacements they feature. At the end, the two partner dentists appear with big smiles on their faces. Their teeth are not that good. I noticed that. Okay. It's time to wrap this up for today. Again, thanks for tuning in. I pray God's blessings on us all as we continue our journey here. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: