Friday, May 10, 2019

Happy Mothers Day

Helping mom with her computer.
Today. It's Friday, May 10, 2019, and I want to wish every mom who connects with my blog a Happy Mother's Day. I'm one of those who was brought up surrounded by God-fearing mothers. It didn't stop there. I married one. My mother-in-law was one, and, so many I've known throughout my sojourn have been Godly mothers. There's really no way to value the immensity of this gift. As for my own mom, well, she was a legendary mom. Her life was marked by sacrifice and serving, and, we, her children were the direct recipients of her labor and love. I don't know exactly when I 'got it'. But, maybe in my mid-twenties, I was made even more aware of my need to honor my mom. I'm pretty sure it was a God thing because He has made that a commandment for us all. At any rate, when I got it, I began in earnest to do my best in every way possible to let my mother know how blessed I was because God gave her to our family. That went on for a long time because God granted her 93 years in her time here on earth. I miss her, but, I am too thankful for how God blessed me through her to be sad. She wasn't a perfect mom. There are none, no not one. She always was plagued with doubts about what she might have done better. However, I always told her, "Mom, you always did the best you could with all of your heart and I am so glad you are my mom."

We like a young Irish singer, Owen Mac. Here's a song he does in tribute to his mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu-Cw8amz8

Have a blessed Saturday and Sunday and may God continue to be with us all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: