Friday, March 16, 2018

Happy Birthday to our Kyleigh!

Another day, another birthday! Yep. This is Friday, March 16, 2018, and we are so glad to send birthday greetings to our Kyleigh who lands on number 23 today. We do thank God for this lovely young woman who will soon be graduating from college. One of her favorite things in the whole wide world is Christmas and everything related to Christmas. What's not to love about that? At least, as her Poppy and MiMi, aka Santa and Mrs. Claus, we wholeheartedly agree! We so look forward to all that God has planned for our Kyleigh. May He continue to bless is our prayer. Amen. Our love, MiMi, and Poppy.

You may have noticed that I have struggled some in my efforts to reign in and corral my words this week. They, at times, seem to have a mind of their own. Unruly, uncooperative, and often discombobulated, but, I typically end up letting them speak for themselves. They do have some advantage. They start with the blank page and it is on their side. At times, they tend to try and disguise themselves by changing the letters in their name. Fortunately, I have the Grammarly utility roving around to identify would be impersonators. But, it doesn't catch them all and occasionally one of the traitors ends up on the final electronic page. I know you have seen that from time to time. The other thing they like even better is when they can entice me to use a correctly spelled candidate but it turns out to be the wrong word to begin with. Oh, they just love that one. There are many reference materials available to help guide the construction of well-written sentences. I suppose the one commandment I neglect more than all the rest has to do with making sure every word is necessary. What fun is that? Maybe that's why I have a word rebellion on my hands. They don't like me taking advantage of them in pursuit of being recognized as Mr. Wordy. Then again, it is my blog, and they will have to get used to me channeling Frank Sinatra, "I Did It My Way!"

Please hold back your inquiries about my mental well being, but, I do appreciate the concern. There are some things one must learn to live with. I used that photo mostly because I liked it. I get the message it conveys based on the caption, but, I liked it, with or without some deep meaning. I would never vote for Hillary Clinton. Her view of the world and how things should be done is diametrically opposed to my way of seeing things. However, I really don't see the value of folks putting up photos of her falling on some stairs in India with nasty comments superimposed on them. That to me is not only cruel but, for many who are doing it, in my opinion, they are not doing their testimony as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ any good at all. Those chiming in with agreement to these mean memes are aiding and abetting in this un-kind endeavor. I do know that in the opinion of the world, all is fair in the political realm. I see lefties posting ugly photos of President Trump golfing with his belly hanging over his belt along with some hateful comments. I think those to be inappropriate as well. As far as political cartoons go that describe policies and leanings, well, they are not so personal and they are a part of how opinions are expressed. That's my take. No room for hate. From any side. And, especially from those of us who are called to have the mind of Christ. (Philippians 2:5) I think I had better stop and go and get my pontificating creds checked. I do hope you have a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. May God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: