Thursday, September 14, 2017

"The human brain is like a freight car. It was created to hold a large capacity but it is often running empty." ~ copied

There must be something going on in the atmosphere. The last several days I have been less than eager to hit the ground running each morning. That's not like me. But, it is what it is, and we all have something to deal with as we face each day. The one we are dealing with today is Thursday, September 14, 2017. Maybe it's all these love bugs hanging around. It could be some type of planetary inversion. I have no idea what that means, but, when one seeks for an explanation it's best to consider all alternatives, even those you know nothing about. It leaves me hoping that I will snap out of it soon and get back to my 'morning person' persona. I guess the concern is that I might somehow, at my age, get stuck in low gear. The Community Coffee helps some. As Paw Paw Mac used to say, "It's good for whatever ails you." Based on prior experience, the ancient Persian adage may soon show itself to be true, "This, too, shall pass." I know that one is often attributed to the Bible. It could be that it is confused with the often biblical usage of, "And it came to pass." Here's my take. I will gladly receive the benefits of either of those sayings. Until then, I'll try to follow another of my grandfather's admonitions, "Son, you've got the same clothes to get glad in."

I suppose it could be worse. ~ The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned out until further notice. ~ The doctor called and said you have only 24 hours to live. He called yesterday. ~ One good thing, we are going to name this disease after you. ~ I've gotten you a replacement hamster, and oh yeah, one more thing, you are adopted. ~ Just to let you know, the airbags worked perfectly in your new car. ~ Your blood test indicates a very serious disease but your cholesterol is really great. ~ I know it is tough that you lost both your feet but I did find someone who wants to buy your sneakers. ~ The Company has done exceptionally well recently, while you were on vacation. ~ You've been recognized in your neighborhood, with toilet paper and shaving cream. ~ You missed a call. It was the funeral home calling to see how you are doing. ~ I hate to tell you this but I just saw your stockbroker hitchhiking out of town. ~ Three calls are holding for you. 1) The FBI, 2) The DA, 3) Local news reporter. I adapted these from random places, however, the point is that things typically could be worse. I know some of these are pretty bad but maybe a chuckle can be found in there, somewhere.

I hate it that we must typically add a disclaimer when we make an attempt to be humorous. No animals were harmed in the writing of that particular paragraph. And, there was no intention whatsoever to offend anyone. I've always been short. I haven't checked my height lately but I do know that as we age we shrink. In our height. Not necessarily in other areas. I'm living proof of that. As a kid, I was often reminded of my diminished vertical status. I think most of it was in fun. I cannot recall a time when I interpreted what was being said as a form of bullying. Being hit by a much bigger fellow so hard that it made the heels of your feet throb, well, that was probably bullying. At the same time, I can never remember being left out of any activity because of my height. We didn't have a basketball dunking contest back then. 'Abbott and Costello' were pretty popular in those days. I did get called the signature, 'Hey A-A-A-B-B-B-O-T-T-T!' many times. Of course, Abbott was the tall guy in the duo so my cohorts were not necessarily demonstrating any great insight in their teasing. If it ever became an issue, I wasn't aware of it. Maybe that's part of the missing sequence on that brain tape of mine. But, as I so often remind us all, with God, He is no respecter of persons. He sees us all the same. And, He cares. Enough to make provision for us through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. And, as the song says, 'the ground is level at the foot of the cross'. No one stands taller than anyone else. Maybe I liked the attention I was getting. Whoa! That needs further investigation. For another day. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: