Monday, September 25, 2017

Matthew 25:13 "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour." ~ from the English Standard Version of the Bible, (ESV)

If you are reading this, then the emergency broadcast stating the world was coming to an end last Saturday was inaccurate. For those who thought you would not have to finish paying for your car, well, welcome back to the real world. Today, we celebrate, another in a long series, it's back to work Monday, and this one is identified as September 25, 2017. I'm not making fun of the end of the world as we know it, but, I prefer to take God's inspired descriptions as given in His Holy Word. The latest prediction came through an emergency broadcast on a cable system out in California. The program being watched was interrupted and a loud booming voice came on and made the fateful prediction. In addition to that, there was the prediction claiming the activity within a star constellation was the fulfilment of Scripture. I read a three-paragraph assessment by a young Bible scholar that completely blew that prediction out of the water by showing the true meaning of the very verses used to justify this prediction. People have been very upset with all of these predictions of gloom, doom, and despair. Here's my take. The New Testament is filled with both warnings and promises as it relates to when Jesus will return and usher in the end of this age. If we understand these truths correctly, it should make us all aware that He could return at any time, meaning that we should always be ready. Some are not ready because they have never done business with God regarding their need of a Savior. Some true believers are not ready because they've wandered far away from God. My point? Me, you, them, everyone, do need to take seriously the facts about the final fulfilment of God's plan and purpose for His created earth and human family. It can be known. It's in the book. The Bible. Amen.

I want to let everyone who keeps up with my daily musings to know that I am doing okay. Several have expressed concern after I wrote that little ditty about my diabetic medication. My difficulties do not even register compared to so many who are dealing with much greater issues. I am thankful for all those who are concerned about my well-being, but, I can't really say more than I have said before, I am blessed. I know God and as the Scripture says, even more important, He knows me, as His very own child. While I might fuss about dealing with side effects, that doesn't change anything with regard to my standing with Him or His concern for me. We've all heard that old tale about how one was overly concerned about his shoes until he met a man with no feet. (The original of this saying in a variety of different forms is thought to be ancient Persian. Helen Keller used it like this, "I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.") I knew an older gentleman many years ago who gave out that little bit of wisdom so often it became part of his identity. He had accomplished many great things in his life. He had been successful in business. At the same time, he had suffered great failures in these same areas because he was always a risk taker. Having done all of these things, he ended up as a security guard at the Company where I was the department head. Everyone had to pass by him to gain access to our protected computer environment. He wasn't bitter about what someone might call his lowly position in his waning years. He used that confined workspace to give out encouragement and get people to be thankful for what they have. I most likely heard that story about the shoes a few dozen times, but, I still remember it, and I still remember him. Better yet, I still remember the point of that little story.

I think the evil one, that deceiver himself, Satan, must be happy when people make predictions about the world coming to an end. It helps him to get folks to be distracted so they fail to pay attention to the reality of the truth God wants everyone to know. This is not new. Back in the Apostle Peter's day, some were skeptical about the promised judgment coming at the end of the age. Just to make it crystal clear, here is the inspired passage where Peter talks about this very subject.

2nd Peter Chapter 3: "1 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.


10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen." (From the New King James Version)

I felt like I needed to share that and that's why I did. It is the truth about these matters that are recently in the news. I do hope we all will pay attention first, last, and always, to thus says the Word of the Lord. Have a great rest of the day Monday, and may God, our great God, add His blessings. Amen. ....More Later.

No comments: