Friday, September 22, 2017

If suffering from side effects impacts my brain function, well, that may explain a lot about what is showing up on my blogs each day.

Today is Friday and while I am glad it is, I will tell you this, there's always something. Always. And, this report of the something I am talking about today gets clocked in on this September 22, 2017. I finally had to throw up my hands in defeat. That new little medication to help my diabetes has really knocked me around in terms of dizziness and general weakness. I like the improved numbers but the side effects have messed with my ability to function. Finally, while I didn't want to, I sent a note to the doctor to get some ideas. I do, after all, have stuff to get done each day, throughout the day. His nurse advised me to adjust when I took the medication in relationship to eating something and if that didn't help alleviate the problem, then I should cut the little pill in half. I still find it hard to believe something so tiny could cause such discomfort, loopiness, and tingling in my hands and face. But, when it's all said and done, most of us are works in progress, participating in trial and error, hitting the wall and getting back up, slowing down to go fast, and a whole variety of other approaches to help us to make it each day. Maybe not you. If not, be thankful. I've actually seen up close and personal what happens to those dealing with the accompanying issues relating to seeing diabetes run its course. Let me assure one and all, none of us want to deal with that. But, that's the challenge I have, along with a few dozen others, and, to be quite frank, I'm very thankful to be able to seek adjustments that will yield potential good results. Very thankful. Just a wee bit weary, but, very thankful. To God. Amen.

Everyone has their own set of challenges. I am the first to recognize that not every challenge is of huge importance, especially in the grand scheme. However, there are some folks that do freak out over some pretty seemingly small stuff. One lady wrote an account that almost sounded like a chase scene from a cop show. Red lights, traffic issues, speeding, it had all the ingredients. But, alas, she made it. Turned out that she had two minutes to spare before they stopped serving breakfast at her local Chic-fil-A. She had me going for a minute or two. I know. I do similar types of overkill as a literary device, but, I'm pretty sure she was serious. Literary? I know. That's a reach when describing anything that has to do with my blog, but, I actually think that is what it is called. I remember way back when a co-worker lady sprayed me with perfume as a joke. I forgot about it. When you know who washed my shirt, well, she didn't forget about it. Nope. She made a big deal out of it. Rightfully so. I stumbled around trying to explain it because I first had to remember how it happened. She interpreted my hemming and hawing as a cover-up. It wasn't. I was laughing the whole time because I knew there was no there, there. Finally, I remembered what had happened. I think we ended up having a good laugh about it. Come to think about it, I only remember me laughing.

I did read a couple of weeks ago about a famous lady movie star who said all these natural disasters was Mother Nature's response to President Trump. In the last few days, a purported blockbuster movie that she starred in pretty much bombed at the box office. It was highly anticipated and highly publicized. One reviewer who is more or less the elder statesperson in that field called it perhaps the worst movie ever made. I don't think I've ever heard that one before. At any rate, it makes one wonder. Who will she blame for the un-natural movie disaster? I heard a brief interview with a professional football player who had completed his 10,000th consecutive snap as a center. That's remarkable for a player that gets hit on every play. When asked how he had avoided injuries over his long career, he had an interesting response. He said he often played hurt but he added that today's younger players are predisposed to have more injuries. That fits the narrative I've noticed with those younger folks I work with. I'll let you come to your own conclusion on that. I thought it was an interesting observation on his part. That's why I shared it. It's been another interesting week around these parts. If my quality falls off too much I'll go back to being dizzy. Meanwhile, I do hope you enjoy your Saturday and that Sunday will find us all at the place of worship. Take care. May God bless. Amen. See you next time. Lord willing.  .....More later.

No comments: