Friday, August 25, 2017

'MISS ME, BUT LET ME GO', Author Unknown: "When I come to the end of the road, and the sun has set for me. I want no rites in a gloom-filled room. Why cry for a soul set free? Miss me a little – but not too long, And not with your head bowed low. Remember the love that was once shared. Miss me, but let me go. For this journey we all must take, and each must go alone. It’s all part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home. When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know. Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go."

*** Be careful out there. Either the re-strengthened Hurricane Harvey, or, the remnants of the former Hurricane Harvey, appear to present the potential for a huge sorm and rain event. It is due to make itself known later this evening. Having had our home directly impacted before, I would advise us all to stay tuned and take seriously the potential for flooding. May God protect us all is my prayer. Amen. ***

Well, hello there, my, it seems like just yesterday we were kicking around some thoughts and ideas. Good to have you back on this Friday, August 25, 2017. They do not make canceling stuff easy. That's by design. I signed up for a service without ever talking to a real person so that I could get onto mom's computer and fix her problems. Guess what? You cannot cancel your subscription in the same way. I do not blame the technicians involved. Their number one desire is to talk you out of canceling. I get that. However, they forced me to dial their number to get a very pleasant sounding lady on the line. She was very nice. She eased into the reason I might be canceling by asking if I had been having any recent connectivity issues. I was ready for that one. I put it like this: "I bought your service to be able to log onto my mom's computer to help keep it going. My mom, at age 93, has passed away, so, she will not be using her computer anymore." Dead silence on the other end, no pun intended. She didn't comment on my comment but said she would get on this right away and make sure it is canceled. She thanked me. I thanked her. There was a whole of thanking going on. You know, like the 1971 Elvis hit, "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On". I do hope she follows up and takes care of my transaction. I wrote down the conversation, just to be sure. And, yes, I do recommend their product. It served us well for several years, GoToMyPC. (Believe me, I used it often.) I do have good news. Before the kind lady went into the meeting to review potential sales responses to 'she died', she took the time to send an email confirming the cancellation. Good for her!

I'm not complaining but the more numbers that I block, it seems to be it is the fewer crank calls I am receiving. You think that is how it is supposed to work? Yeah. But, you do know, they change numbers a lot. I can't be sure if this is a good thing or not but I really do get a big kick out of blocking those low down rotten time thieves. Sorry for the language. It just, more or less, jumped out. The only thing I don't have is a mechanism to melt their phone on the other end. Sorry again. I have no idea where that came from. You saw me admit to not knowing whether getting all frothed up over being able to block a number is healthy or not. I did receive a note from the blocking utility on my little Android phone asking if I could not hit the screen so hard while blocking a number. Maybe the little guy has a touch of arthritis like me. You do know that I am just throwing stuff onto the electronic page, for the fun of it. I will not deny that I do enjoy blocking those dream cruise and real estate mongers, but, as you can see, it really isn't that important to me. To me. To me. To me. Thanks.

It is time to wrap up another week. I wouldn't even want to try and summarize all the different stuff touched on during this cycle. The word plethora comes to mind. And, the always popular, to me, cornucopia. Please don't send any requests asking for my recipes for preparing plethora and cornucopia. Before doing that, I think one should consider that I have perfected the art of blocking. He said, laughing. Not out loud. Not to himself, but, maybe with a wee bit of a whimsical grin. The wife did leave me again. I agree. She does that quite often. She and her sister are headed to visit their elder remaining brother. He turned 82 earlier this week. His name is Cleon. That's him on the left in both photos. The other brother, our dear Brother Milton, the man of God, passed from this life to the next in February of 2016. 'The girls' as they are called, Dorothy and Marilyn, are excited to be on their way to visit him. I've been blessed to have my wife's family as my family for this good long run. Marilyn and I were married on December 18, 1964. We had a couple of days of honeymoon and then we made our way down to Cleon's where the entire family was gathered to celebrate Christmas. That's how it began, so many years ago. Cleon is a faithful neighbor. Bro. Milton, literally, had the power of God on his sermons. The girls are both women of distinction in their testimony and walk for the Lord. Me, well, I'm just home alone, and that's my story. At this time I am sticking with it. I do hope you enjoy your Saturday and that Lord's Day Sunday will find us all in the place of worship celebrating His goodness and provision for us all. (Weather permitting!) See you next time, Lord willing. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: