Thursday, August 10, 2017

"For me, comedy is a day-to-day report on the human condition. It's what's happening right now. I get maybe 20 minutes of my act straight from the newspaper." ~ Comedian Elayne Boosler

You do know by now that I tend to notice things. I do. And, Facebook, actually helps me to do that very thing. Especially, over time. This is what I dredged up as a lead on this Thursday, August 10, 2017. One of the things I notice is how people post the most amazing, revolutionary, life changing, new product, service, self-help program, diet, exercise, parenting help, you name it, and that's all you hear and see for many days and weeks. But, somehow, something along the way happens and that astounding breakthrough passes off the scene, never to be heard from again. That's not the case with every individual, but, it reflects the reality of the human condition found in most of us. I include myself with a caveat. I'm not likely to be out there parading something for all to see, but, that's the beauty of social networking. One gets to share whatever it is that one chooses. And, I might add, one gets to notice what one wants to notice. I do know this. Anyone who posts a testimony of coming to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, well, if they meant business with God, they never have to worry about that one fading away. You have this as a certainty as Jesus Himself said: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." (John 10: 28-30, (KJV)

When he laughs, everyone better be laughing too!
I'm certainly not critical of folks who get all excited about something only to see it dissipate over time. Been there. Done that. Many times. If I were to give any advice at all, it might be to tone it down a little when the enthusiasm level is out of control. At the same time, they can do what they well please. I can too. Including giving some unasked for advice. Do we live in a great country or what? We do. But I am aware there's a promise out there to make us great, again. I get it. At the same time, I am very much grateful for the greatness that has remained throughout my sojourn as a citizen of this country. Think about this most recent dust up with North Korea. The regime there is at least in the running for the title of being the most repressive in the world. Their people have no freedoms. Many of the children there are slowly starving. I would hate to see it come to an armed confrontation because the people of North Korea would end up suffering the most. However, at the same time, there's only so much provocation that any freedom loving nation can take. I mention this in the context of being thankful for the nation God allowed us to be a part of. We are blessed. Yes. Despite our troubles, our internal conflicts and struggles, we are blessed. And, I humbly thank God above for His provision for the United States of America. Amen.

Let me see if I am making any progress here. I pointed out some of our common human frailties. Check. I included myself by association. Check. I talked about the freedoms we enjoy, including those regarding how we represent ourselves to others. Check. I shared the eternality of what it means to become a child of the living God. Check. I shared my heart concerning the contrast between the freedoms we enjoy versus life under totalitarianism. Check. I gave God the credit for all that we enjoy here in this land. Check. That seems to be some reasonable thoughts for us all to consider as we continue our day, here in the land of the free, and the home of the brave. Oh yeah. I also did a little unapologetic flag waving even though, that, sadly, is becoming very frowned upon in the so called enlightened circles of the elite. Their attitude towards it will not cause me to stop. I love my country. Period. End of story. Thanks for getting on board and riding along with me today. I'm also wondering if and when we will pass go and collect our $200. May God bless each one. And, may He continue to bless the USA! Amen. ....More later.

No comments: