Friday, August 18, 2017

"As a child my family’s menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it." ~ Buddy Hackett, Comedian, (1924-2003)

I'm practicing some exhaling exercises this morning. Not really, but, given the heat index and the fact that I've been out in it often this week, well, I'm either out of shape, (likely), or the heat is more than an ordinary person can take. Let me correct that, it could be more than a person can take, because, I may be a lot of things, but, I do not believe I have ever been called ordinary. And, by the way, all of this is happening on this wonderful Friday, August 18, 2017. People often tell me I certainly don't act my age, (meaning I'm still pretty spry for an older fellow), and this week has helped me to conclude that acting is a good way to say it. I'm acting like I'm younger but I'm not necessarily feeling younger. (Why in the name of all that is good do I tell them no thank you when they offer to help me? I must be off my rocker.) Don't get nervous because I'm not planning on making today's episode another walk through where I attempt to share all of my geriatric aches and pains. I will admit that sounds pretty interesting, however, I mentioned it today only because age and heat index are not good bed fellows. I thought some of you might want to know that. Now you do. I report. You decide, or maybe, just get another cup of coffee. I think I will do the same. (I'll save all the details for the next time I'm sitting in the waiting room where we will be swapping our medical and surgical stories.I don't have any really good scars to show but it still should be good.)
It may be a little dark but it's very comforting in an odd sort of way.
Hey, when you get to be my age you have to be able to look forward to something. And, just to be clear, the new diabetic medication I'm taking may have some impact on me being a little wobbly out in the heat. I'm not sure full disclosure required that, but, I thought it best to include it in my report. Thanks. One of the things coming out of our current civil war in the making which passes itself off as the political landscape we find ourselves in, is how that it makes me just want to listen to old time radio shows on my satellite radio instead of any news. I'm not off the grid completely. I still get all the stuff happening in real time on my Twitter feed, but, as far as making a conscious choice to hear in-depth stuff, well, I've pretty much put that on the back burner. I know. That's not like me. However, these times are setting emergency alarms off all around and the outcome measures somewhere between distressing and depressing. Were it not for God's promises, I'm not sure how we could face another day. Yet, His promises are sure and certain, therefore, we can keep on keeping on. That's a fact, Jill. I know. It doesn't rhyme, however, it's my tip of the hat to my cultural sensitive side. Aren't you proud of me? Maybe a participation trophy would be appropriate, if nothing else. What do you think?

Our Alex.
I showed a photo yesterday of our grandson Brady Boy. He is eleven. Our grandson Alexander Benjamin is four months older than Brady. Alex called me Wednesday night to wish me a happy birthday. That's the first time he's done that. (He may have been told to do it, but, it was still a blessing to me.) He said he was worn out from his first day back to school. I told him that I was praying for him that he might have a very good year in school. He thanked me for that. My oh my, how time is getting away from us and it's obvious when I look at these two boys. Our grandchildren and great grandchildren help define our legacy. We thank God for them all. Another week has come and gone and now it's time for us all to take a break and enjoy our upcoming Saturday. We are also already anticipating going to the meeting place where God's people gather on Lord's Day Sunday. I've enjoyed our visits this week and I do thank you for hanging in there with me. Take care. Enjoy. May God bless us all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: