Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thanking God every day for the wonderful mom He gave to us.

Today is Thursday, May 11, 2017. When most read this I will likely be on my way to see my mom. She may or may not know me, but, that's okay because I know her. She always wondered out loud if she had been a good mother to us children. She would question her decisions made at different times. I always told her my take on this assessment. "Mom, you have always been devoted to us children and you did the best you could given whatever circumstance you faced." And, believe me, she has had many challenging circumstances throughout her time here on the planet. She is fading fast and I'm thankful that God has her in His hands. I do thank everyone for their kind thoughts and so many who continue to pray for our family during this time. That, in and of itself, reflects mom's testimony in the lives of her children. We thank God for this outpouring of support. Amen.

While I am thinking about it I need to share another little tidbit about my Community Coffee. I get to work between 4 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. most mornings. Another fellow gets here around 5:30 a.m. each day. The other morning I needed to check with him on something so I walked out into the shop carrying my cup of smoking hot Community. The smell of the aroma from the coffee was almost more than he could stand. He told me that it made him want to throw his Thermos away because the stuff in it wasn't anything like that. I would rest my case but it's just another indication of what I have been saying for a long period of time. Life is short. Man does not live by bread alone, therefore, you might as well enjoy some Louisiana Community Coffee on your journey here. I had nothing to do with that little response on his part. Think about it. When the smell of my coffee makes the other fellow want to chunk his Thermos, well, it's time to blow out the candles on the cake. Just saying. Take care and may God bless us all as we all seek God's provision for this day. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: