Tuesday, May 2, 2017

“Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together.” ― Ray Bradbury, (1920-2012), American Author and Screenwriter

Well, here we go again, and this time we do it on this Tuesday, May 2, 2017. People are concerned about a lot of different things these days. As of yesterday, based on views and email responses, the NY Times article getting the most attention had this title: "For Bad Backs, It’s Time to Rethink Biases About Chiropractors". Must be a lot of folks with back problems. The number one article at USA Today had to do with ways to make money using email automation. I hope that doesn't help people figure out how to flood even more emails into everyone's inbox. NPR got a lot of response regarding new information on the illness called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Come to think about it, I often get fatigued trying to listen to some of NPR's left leaning, biased reporting, chronically so. One of Seattle's top papers rang the bell with some insights into President Trump's comments about President Andrew Jackson. I think their focus was to point out the historical facts that he didn't get quite right. Some others dealt with the budget agreement in the Congress, the North Korean threat, ISIS, the Syrian conflict, Iraq, deaths due to violent weather, and other hot button issues. My point? There's plenty of stuff to go around and if someone is into worrying, well, the media will provide an endless array to choose from. That's not to say there's not trouble all around. That is a part of living in a fallen world characterized by wars and rumors of war. (Matthew 24:6)

We had a good time celebrating our Jimmy Sr.'s birthday Sunday evening. The photo shows yours truly, Jimmy Jr., Alexander Benjamin, (Alex), Alesha, Amanda, (the twins), and the birthday boy. We sent this to the wife since she was still in Louisiana. She was very happy that we were celebrating even if it was not possible for her to be with us. I do have one slight complaint. Technology is a wonderful thing when used for productive reasons. I decided to enjoy a large Angus beef hot dog on a special bun with chili and cheese. I didn't know that before I could even get my fork engaged, a photo of that particular choice sitting in front of me had been forwarded to 'she who must be obeyed'. Without sharing her precise comments, needless to say, she thought it to be a very poor choice on my part. I actually thought the very same thing but I didn't know she would be voting on it from 200 miles away. It ended up being the source of a uproarious good laugh for everyone at the table, except maybe for the one who went with the mega-sized hot dog. It just goes to show you. It does. It really does.

The fabric of life laid out for all to see. I think mine has lots of wrinkles, you know, my fabric of life. Maybe it was washed and hung out to dry. Maybe the birds helped decorate my fabric. Maybe. Hey, I am just trying to move away quickly from the hot dog episode. It was quite tasty. It could have been hotter. I like my food to be hot, not with pepper so much, but hot to the taste. I suppose preparing that many different meals but holding them to be fetched together would cause some to be warmer than others. I got the short straw that time. Yes. I am aware I could have had them nuke it in the microwave. I sure hope using that word 'nuke' doesn't trigger some kind of investigation. It's a figure of speech, but, if they check out ladies comparing pressure cookers online, who knows?  They probably have someone assigned to me by now. I wrote an executive summary for an analysis I did for a Company one time and one of their Sr. Officers came by my desk and said he had a question. He had never seen the analogy of the 'fox guarding the hen house', and wanted me to explain it to him. He liked it but he had never seen it used. It was, after all, a formal document. I suppose that was my southerner background showing up. That should have told me something. Maybe it did. I'm just not sure what. Take care now, you hear? And, may God bless us all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: