Thursday, May 25, 2017

Here's a refreshing thought: I am the only version of me!

We continue to keep at it. You too? Good. That should get us up and running on this Thursday, May 25, 2017. I thought about starting off today with a really good one on my number one comedic subject, that being, me, myself, and I. As it turns out, just operating the life God has given to me can be like being a part of a comedy writing troupe. Believe me, not intentionally. I recently inherited my wife's old smartphone. I think she had an offer from a museum before it was handed down to me. (I can't be sure, but I think they called it an Apple Seed.) At any rate, I've learned how to use it somewhat effectively to carry on my telecommunications activities. The other day when I drove over to Louisiana for mom's service, my eldest grandson rode along with me. He is 20 and we had a great time of visiting and he worked over my new old phone to get it all organized and more useful. It was a form of a tutorial ride along as he gave me some instructions on how I could get the most out of it. I greatly appreciated his help. Oh yeah. Back to the really good one on myself. Without divulging too many details, let me just put this out there. I've learned that one should not check messages on their semi-intelligent hand-me-down phone while walking down a very awkward set of stairs. Visualize Charlie Chaplin or maybe the Three Stooges minus two. I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks. Always remember, the exacting details have been suppressed in order to preserve any smidgen of respect that may still be available to the subject being discussed. Thanks for your cooperation.

That same grandson worked some on finding me an upgraded refurbed phone. Kids today. Based on the questions he asked me, he could probably start work immediately at a cell phone store. He found several that will be a good fit for my particular use. It's good to know someone who can help. Right? It was likely hard for him to process the fact that I have no need whatsoever for any gaming features on my phone. None. Period. Hey. That's why they call it a personal cell phone. He did try to delete the ones on my current phone but some of them are embedded in the operating system and can't be removed. That's okay. At any rate, for a reasonable fee, I should be able to get a much larger screen, a whole lot more functionality, storage, and most importantly, improved connect speed. Think about it. Here he is, speeding down the highway with me at 75 mph, using his cell phone to instantaneously find all these options. Seeing him do all that made me want to go home and unplug my old flip phone. What? You don't keep yours charged up as a backup? Just in case? I heard the late Justin Wilson, the cajun humorist, explain why he wore suspenders and a belt. He believed in being prepared. Just in case. Who knows? I may, one day soon, be doing this very blog from my new and improved refurbed cell phone device. He did say I could get one with a slide out keyboard. I'll keep you posted.

The other evening I saw an ad on television for an internet service company. They were lampooning one of their competitors because of the limitations expressed in the fine print. The fellow goes on to say that very few, if any, read that fine print which would change their perceptions of the service being offered.  Pretty effective, except for one thing. At the end of his presentation of the company he represents, guess what? Yep. His ad also had several lines of fine print that would require you to burn your nose on the TV screen to read. Sorry. I notice things like that. I am not unhappy that Facebook has again decided that I live in a different city and state than where I actually reside. That's good news. I actually enjoy getting the weather reports from Ventura, California. Let me tell you. According to them, I have been enjoying some wonderful days of cool mornings and moderate afternoons. You might begin to worry if you start hearing me say, "Surf's up." Yes. I have heard it before. A thousand times. I know. You don't have to be but it helps. Take care. See you again soon, Lord willing. May He be thanked for all that He has done on our behalf. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: