Friday, May 19, 2017

I am back, or, better stated, I am here.

I bring you greetings on this return to work Friday, May 19, 2017. Thanks to every single person wherever they happen to be who prayed for our family during the illness and final home-going of our precious mother. She leaves behind a testimony and a legacy. It will probably take me a few days to get things all lined up and headed in the right direction, but, I will do my best to get back into the groove as soon as possible. The wife is still in Louisiana and she and others are doing God's work in trying to transition dad to a situation where he can function and be cared for. Lord willing, I plan to fetch her this coming Sunday so she can be back home again. I'm looking forward to things getting back into some facsimile of normal. For us, that might be hard, since normal has always been more or less a moving target. However, God is to be praised for being with us during these days, weeks, and months. My brother Victor and I were privileged to speak alongside the preachers at mom's service. To me, that was a singular honor to stand and recognize this great woman and to offer thanks to God and to so many who have helped out during this time. Fitting. It was all so fitting.

What? You didn't know I could feed and burp a baby?
I do have a new great grand born to our Chris' daughter Brittany and her Ryan. Her name is Gabriella Grace and for the first time in our history, Poppy got his hands on the baby before MiMi. Not to worry, she will be here soon enough. They counted 89 descended directly from mom and dad. Well, add two more just since mom's home-going. That is the way of life and we thank God for His provisions. Have a great Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and maybe, just maybe, after 'you-know-who' gets back, I will be a tad less discombobulated, or something like that. Amen. .....More later.      

No comments: