Friday, May 27, 2016

"They hover as a cloud of witnesses above this Nation." ~ Henry Ward Beecher

Today we are preparing to think some about Memorial Day as we anticipate the three-day holiday after we finish this day, Friday, May 27, 2016. Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. It's as simple as that. Remembering. I pray that God will comfort all those who continue to mourn the loss of these, our nation's heroes. I pray their memory will be honored and their sacrifice will mean something to us all. Amen

*****I'm home this morning because of another round of flooding rains. When it gets daylight I'll try to see about maybe getting out of our subdivision. Until then, I'm just thankful we still have power. I am praying for so many who have flooded again, just a few weeks since the last time. It is pouring here. Be careful!*****


It's somewhat of an enigma but it might just be a compliment. One way or the other, I did get some recognition. I'm talking about my coffee again. A fellow was in the office and he announced that he smelled something burning, maybe some electrical wiring.  One of the other guys laughed and told him not to worry because it was only me and my little coffee maker doing our thing. There's two choices here: 1)That smell meant my little individual serve percolator is at its peak in producing some super fine, hot and strong Community; or 2)It is long overdue for an oil change and overall cleaning. I'll have to think some about this situation. I've shared before how that first sip does tend to get my attention. It will make you catch you breath and gives you that feeling of angels tap dancing on your grave. After that little shivering intro, well, from then on it's all smooth sailing. Until further notice, I'm going to go with choice number one and enjoy the compliment, and, to celebrate you can have your own cup and join in the experience. Why not?

I usually add that I'm just joking but when it comes to my coffee, to say that would compromise my honesty. But, most of you knew that already. I do hope you've had a good week. I feel like my week has been like one of those signs on the airplane: Occupied. Yesterday morning my internal alarm clock decided to sleep in. Fortunately, my external alarm clock, lying there beside me, mentioned that it was nearly one hour after my normal get up and go time. Too much of the Occupied sign does do that to me from time to time. Not often. But, it does happen. When it does it typically throws me off a little. I'm not really behind on anything. I just feel like I am. I do appreciate our time together this week and I do hope you will enjoy your Saturday, Lord's Day Sunday, and that on Monday, the day set aside to honor those who have died while serving, we all will pause, say a prayer, and thank God for those who are willing to give their all on our behalf. May God bless each one and may He bless this great nation we are so privileged to call home. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: