Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"I think Shakespeare said it best – To be or not to be. That is the question. And in the big swing of things, there is nothing more important to understand than this. So as you think about this post and let things soak in nice and deep, understand that there is no “right” or “wrong” way to go about it. Whether you agree or disagree is trivial. Do you know why? You guessed it: Because things just are. That is how it has always been, and that is how it will always be. Still breathing? Good, focus on that for a while." Lifted from a blog called The Unbounded Spirit, with this subject: There is no Right or Wrong, written by Sofo Archon,


Well, well, here we are again. I'm thankful that on this Wednesday, April 27, 2016, I was able to get up and go and I'm also thankful that I'm able to use this electronic page as a way of visiting with those who stop by. I don't want anyone to think that I've dropped out of caring about the political situation in our nation. While I often speak with bewilderment regarding what I see being played out in front of me, that doesn't mean that I will not do my civic duty to the best of my ability, with God's help. I have often said during this particular cycle that I have given up in attempting to make any sense at all about what we are seeing. That doesn't mean I will not vote or voice my thoughts about this nation that has been a blessing to my family for generations. God only knows. That's my conclusion. He and He alone can take the situation that seems to be made from a script straight from the Twilight Zone and turn it into a stepping stone towards the fulfillment of His ultimate plan and purpose. My trust is in Him. Those who are in pursuit of overturning any and all laws that reflect morality believe they have found their secret weapon. They have the hearts and minds of the most recent two or three generations of our children. Poll after poll indicates that our children, yes, even those raised in Church, do not share their parents and grandparents views about right and wrong. I see it every day. On Facebook. Not their kids. Our kids. This is how we got to where we are and this is why we cannot make sense of our current situation. Chaos reigns whenever there is no vision of God and His Word. (Proverbs 29:18) And, the result is not novel or new as we read in the Scriptures, "In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes." (Judges 21:25)


As you have likely noticed I typically don't plan my blogs. I write them. Sometimes I have an idea or thought that I want to develop and that gives me a starting point. Sometimes I just write. It certainly is never my intention to drag us down or to make us feel even worse about the situation we find ourselves in today. I do not see it as hopeless. Not even in the least bit. I do see our need of God and a need to see His revival in our land more and more every day. I recently read the heartfelt testimony of a missionary friend who works in very remote islands. One particular situation got his attention. The people were in abject poverty. Yet, the tribal leaders lived so much better than the poor among them. The leaders constantly abused their power to secure for themselves any food or provisions that could help others. The missionary said it suddenly dawned on him. What could change this situation? Only God and the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ! When people get saved they are changed by the power of God. When leaders get saved they are changed by the power of God. The missionary team ministered to the physical needs of these people as best they could but he came away knowing that only a change of heart brought on by the power of God can bring hope to this hopeless situation. Somehow that testimony resonated with me and it also connected into my thoughts about the needs of our own nation. 

Well, okay. Let me see if I can find something else to talk about. I read a few funnies that might cheer us up. ~ What do you do when you wake up and find yourself surrounded by a lion, a giraffe, and an elephant? Sober up and get off of that carousel! ~ Did you know that for every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness? ~ I heard about a young lady who sent her photo to the lonely hearts club. They returned the photo and said they were not that lonely. ~ A man was charged with murder for killing someone with sandpaper. He loudly proclaimed his innocence, saying he only meant to rough him up a bit. ~ It seems that every story worth repeating ends with the proverbial, "Let us never mention this again." ~ We've reached the age where it is actually easier to forgive your enemies than to figure out how to limit their access to your Facebook page. ~ Failed relationships are like algebra, people end up looking at their X and wondering Y. ~ The military recently discovered a soldier who had somehow become addicted to mustard gas. They called him a seasoned veteran. ~ I did not say these would not stink up the place. But, that's the best I could do, on short notice. I do hope that you and yours will have a most wonderful rest of the day and that we all will seek God and His help, for us, and for this great nation that we love. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: