Monday, April 11, 2016

Chorus from the song His Eye Is On The Sparrow: "I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free; His eye is on the sparrow And I know He watches me." ~ written in 1905 by lyricist Civilla D. Martin and composer Charles H. Gabriel

Good morning and welcome back. Today is Monday, April 11, 2016, and I do hope that you and yours are well. Jesus liked to use birds as a way of describing the Father's care for His own. "Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows." (Matthew 10:29-31) I thought about that the other morning when I went to record our water meter reading. (Yes. We have a private well here on the property of our company but the state of Texas requires that we meter the water we use out of our private well and pay a fee each year for the privilege. Just so you know.) On my way to the water well I heard a bird chirping. This bird was really belting it out. It stood out among the other noises that were also clamoring for attention. When I spotted that bird I was surprised. It was a tiny little bird. Very small indeed. But that little dude had a set of lungs and wanted the whole world to know about it. It might have been the daddy bird trying to get a word in edgewise in a family discussion. That tiny bird must have been intimidating to the much larger birds around. They likely heard that huge outburst and immediately scheduled an appointment with the bird doctor to have their chirper checked. According to our Savior, God knows about that little loud chirping bird and He also knows and cares about you, and me. The next time you hear a bird doing its thing, remember these words from our Lord. Amen

I looked through the Google most searched topics from 2015 and I found out something. Based on the top ten in numerous categories, well, I must really be out of touch. I'm not saying I didn't recognize many of the names or subjects but I had no reason to care about 98% of them. It wasn't a complete wipeout because in the Drink category, guess what was number one? COFFEE! The only thing better would for it to have been Community Coffee. In the Dog Question category, the number one trend was: Why do dogs wag their tails? I really didn't care about that question but since I shared it I thought I had better give you the answer since some of you will be biting your nails until you find out. Here it is: "Dogs use their tails to communicate strong emotions such as agitation, annoyance, and anger as well as happiness. A person can get bitten by a dog that's wagging his tail because he read the signs incorrectly. And make no mistake, there is a science to tail wagging." That came from the Animal Planet people. The number one animal searched was the chicken. I have no idea why it was number one but I will share how that I like mine prepared the way my wife does chicken. Hers is genuinely certified finger lickn' good and I'm sorry for you Colonel loving folks but they can get up early and stay as late as they choose but they don't stand a chance up against hers. We didn't go to see any of the top 10 movies listed. (Don't know why the latest Star Wars movie was not on the list. It had almost rolled out of the theaters and we were very late, but we did see that one.) We didn't try to keep up with all the shenanigans of the celebrities that were being sought after. They didn't have a Dull Category but I'm pretty sure I would have found my name on that list. I'm actually not upset about that. I think that would be a good thing. Just me. 

The other day while driving down the highways and byways of life I was listening to a liberal talk program on NPR and the panel was jawing on and on about the political machinations, but mostly they were blasting any and all things conservative. A caller came on the line. I could tell he was an older fellow. I don't know what he told their call screener but I'm pretty sure they did not want to hear what he had to say. He told the host that he could tell the reporters on her program were a part of the problem. The host was not pleased. He went on to say that while they are not directly a part of the political establishment they are all members of the GGT. He then asked the host if she knew about that designation. She was obviously unhappy but allowed him to explain. He said the GGP stood for the Government Gravy Train and he said the folks at the table were all the recipients of the system. They got him off at that point but think about his analysis. He is correctly reading the tea leaves. The mainstream press is a part of the liberal agenda and they are fully integrated into left-wing politics, left-wing causes, and left-wing ideologies. This means they don't have an unbiased bone in their bodies. Why? One of the main reasons is because their livelihoods depend upon them toeing the line. Inbreeding at its worst. I applaud that fellow's courage and his assessment. It sure left them all scratching the left side of their heads. In unison, of course. (I am very much aware how this mutual backscratching is very much a feature of the so-called right as well. The entire system, right, left, up, down, north, south, east, and west is pretty much saturated with corruption. But, the information exchange I heard was an example I thought worthy of sharing.) Have a great rest of the day and may God provide for us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later..

No comments: