Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"You can buy children anything in the world, but nothing will compare to the memories you make with them." (copied)

It's that blogger guy again, coming to you live and in person, (whatever that means), broadcasting far and wide from the ole blogger ranch here on this Wednesday, December 3, 2014. After we enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal celebration, we then hung around soaking up family and fellowship. We said our farewells and added to our day the sleep over of our great grand, Madelyn Joy. This girl is a hoot. She is a funny girl. The photo is Madi getting ready to make the dominoes fall. Her MiMi set them up. Until recently I didn't know her MiMi even knew how to do that. I don't think I have ever attempted to set them up so they fall in sequence but MiMi is pretty good at it. You learn something new everyday. Now that Madi girl is sharp. She will be five in early January. On Friday morning she put in to help me with the Christmas card printing. She figured out how to work the printer. She wanted to do it all by herself. She would open the tray, insert the card stock, and then when it printed on one side she would flip it over to the proper way to feed it and then have it print again. She was very efficient and she handled the printed output with care. She would carry the completed cards downstairs to her MiMi but she would make it clear, "Poppy, don't touch anything until I get back." What a time we had. She stayed with us until about 4 p.m. Friday and I can tell you, it was a joy. Yep. You got it right the first time. That's why since she was born we have always called her our bundle of Madelyn Joy!

Black Friday = Scrum
Let me quickly add that MiMi was the main child care provider here and she did the time while I mostly enjoyed the fruit of her labors. There's nothing like a child who makes you laugh and that girl is good at it. Okay. Enough Great Grand stuff for one day. We missed it again. That is, we missed Black Thursday, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. I'm not sure but we may have been reported to some agency for failing to report for duty. I did see the news reports of some that did make those events. Many of them went to the store for a TV set and ended up in a wrestling match. Who said that shopping was for the fainthearted? And, I suppose it now qualifies as a contact sport. Don't get me wrong, we like to take advantage of price reductions when we can, however, it's the whole package that comes with what one commentator called a scrum. That word comes from the rugby sport when you see all those folks piled up on top of each other. Rather fitting description if you ask me. Hey. I am entitled to an opinion. Right?

Speaking of having an opinion, the wife and I watched the Country Music Association Christmas special the other evening. It was two hours of what I suppose would be called musical variety. Okay. Now I'm going to date myself for all the world to see. Whatever happened to Christmas specials that were almost magical, like Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, or Bob Hope? I'm sorry, but we both kept waiting for a presentation that really grabbed us. We did learn something about the Disney movie Frozen. According to the lady who sings the songs in the movie, you know, the lady with the funny name, she said the most important thing to her from the movie is the fact that it didn't have a man to save the day and it showed that two girls, sisters, could do it on their own. Does that surprise you? For some reason it doesn't surprise me at all. I'm not trying to be overly critical. These folks have the right to sing in the way they want to sing. I could have easily switched the channel. The Michael W. Smith songs were pretty good and some of the orchestration was also impressive. We did see the same Chevrolet commercial about twenty times. Maybe they could have invited the Osmonds, or Carol Burnett, or Red Skelton, or Eddy Arnold, or Gentleman Jim Reeves, and I could go on and on, but I'll end my little review here and wish us all a blessed and happy day. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: