Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Free Advice: Bundle Up When Out In the Cold

San Miguel Mission, originally established in 1610, still in operation today.
Okay. I admit it. I asked for the cold and we have been granted that request. We had a system come through last night that has dropped the feel like to near zero. Windy today. Gusting up to 30 mph. I'm running a tad late this morning. The hotel had changed the WIFI password, therefore, I couldn't log in until I found out that little piece of information. At any rate, I am here and it is Tuesday, December 30, 2014. I have picked up some sniffles but they may have come from my last two days of playing the jolly old dude. I was at one of the new HEB stores and I can't remember dealing with that many snotty nosed kids since I've been involved in this activity. You can't really blame the kids. They were out of school. Christmas was coming and they ran to the grocery store with mom and dad. To their surprise they just happened to encounter Santa. One thing about traveling. Lots of older folks are on the roads. They also tend to be early risers, beating and banging around, slamming doors, etc. I'm right there with them but I do my best to keep the noise down.

We had planned to drive up to the ski place today, not to ski, but to do the lift deal and get some photos. We will have to check that out before we leave the premises. The wife has done really well in dealing with the cold. She was also able to find some of the same department stores all the way out here, just like the ones we have back home. Go figure. I'm slightly concerned about the travel conditions but we will wait and see how that works out. I do hope you have a wonderful day as we all anticipate the upcoming new year. I know God has something for each and every one of us to do. That includes me, myself, and I. Take care and may God be with us all. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: