Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It won't be long now!

Our Great Grand, Madi-girl
Today is an important day. You know. It's Wednesday, December 24, 2014, therefore, all the final odds and ends have to be taken care of today. Yes, I am aware that Walgreens is open on Christmas Day, just in case. Believe me, over the years, in spite of all our plans and preparations, we've had to make a battery run or for something else. What did we find upon our arrival? The store filled up with folks doing the same thing. The more things change it is the more they stay the same. Given my predisposition of wanting to avoid all the shopping congestion, I do have a plan for today. Go early. Real early. So early that you surprise the folks doing the stocking at the supermarket. No doubt there will be a handful of folks out doing the same thing, but most sane people will be enjoying some extra sleep while visions of sugar plums dance in their heads. Grilling for 24 will be a challenge but I am so looking forward to it. Also, make sure you have your list. Not the naughty or nice one. The one that has all the stuff you need to get. It's the one that really does need to be checked twice. We did our great grand's Christmas last Sunday evening because she will not be able to be with us tomorrow. I heard her and her Great Grand MiMi in the hallway at the piano just singing away on some Christmas songs. That little soon-to-be five year old has a good little voice and hearing them sing together is a memory I will treasure long after the decorations have been packed away. A small blessing maybe but one that I am so thankful for. Amen.

What's that you say? It seems that it doesn't take much of anything for me to call it a blessing? I suppose it has something to do with age and reflection. And, it is true that my trend line at present would score pretty high on sentimentalism. I would also hope that God has given me a smidgen of thankfulness as I am able to appreciate all that He has done, is doing, and will do, going forward. For all that and so much more, I am thankful. Have a great day of getting it all together. If that's the objective no wonder I need to hit the ground running. Early. Happy Christmas Eve Day and may God keep us all safe as we go here and there. Amen.  ...More later.

PS: It's been pointed out and it is true that I've been prone to making a few mistakes lately. Sorry. The mind is willing but communication between it and the keystroke that hits the electronic page, well, at times that leaves something to be desired. On Monday, it should have read: "You may or may not remember the old country song, "Thank God and Greyhound, She's Gone." On Tuesday, my email really messed up the punch line to a pun. I hate that when it happens. It should have said: "Santa's bells ring too much. He will not be winning the No-Bell prize." Okay. Resume whatever it was you were doing and I'll try to do better in the future. 

No comments: