Friday, February 21, 2014

"The Internet is the most important single development in the history of human communication since the invention of call waiting." ~ Dave Barry

Hello Friday, why don't you come on over here and let me give you a big old hug. I actually read that sentiment expressed by someone talking about Friday and I too understand the attraction of finishing off the work week. (At the same time, I'm very much aware of many in today's economy that work much longer than the standard Monday through Friday, as well as those that labor in rotating shifts, and in all kinds of weird hours, etc., etc.) Unless we are talking about our sin nature which we all share in equally, along with our need of God's provision of salvation through His one and only Son, well, there's really not a one size fits all approach to life. And, that's one of things that's got my gray cells in a tizzy on this 21st day of February, in the year of our Lord, 2014. Several of us fellows found ourselves jawing forth and back about the latest exploits of the Robertson clan as seen on the Duck Dynasty TV program. Suddenly, one of the group piped up with a shocker. He said he tried to watch that show but nothing about it appealed to him and especially Si. He said his wife laughs and laughs at everything Uncle Si says or does but he can't see it. Well did you ever hear of anything like that in your entire life? Land sakes alive folks, what is this world coming to? Different shoes for different feet, I suppose, or maybe it's like Uncle Si says, “You don’t want a dog who thinks he’s too fancy for the work you want him to do. Hey, you get a dog like that and, next thing you know, you’ll both be getting matching pedicures.” That makes perfect sense to me.

It's always our privilege to think about and send along our love and best wishes to those near and dear to our hearts as they celebrate another year here on the planet. Today we are thinking about our Brittany who is celebrating her 23rd. Brittany is doing her college work, working at a real job, going here and there, and seemingly always on her way somewhere. Maybe today she can slow down long enough to hear how much her MiMi and Poppy loves her. May God continue to bless our Brittany as only He knows how. Amen. Happy Birthday Sweetie, Love, MiMi and Poppy.

May I just tell you this has been an interesting week. That little internet deprivation episode was enough to add some wear and tear to my already escalating age. I know what some of you are going to say. If I would go ahead and activate the features on my phone, I could have had a level of service to support me during this great challenge. I'm still thinking about thinking about that. I had to send out my daily blog from our laptop at home where I was hunting and pecking around, almost in the dark. I suppose I could have turned on a lamp or something. My wife was keeping up with my email from home because we have some important matters underway involving the pastoral search team that I am a part of. My eldest son was engaged to make sure that he called me if something very important happened. You know. Something urgent. Like the 24 Car crashing in practice for the Daytona 500. Or, a world calamity. I think you can see what I'm talking about. I actually used my real Bible, you know, the one with pages in it to do some study. I typically do almost everything online. The good news is that the connection is working again and for the moment at least, the earth seems to have returned to its normal orbit. I wish everyone a most wonderful Saturday and Lord Day's Sunday. Lord willing, I will see you next time, where, based on my track record, I'll have something to share. Take care and may God bless. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: