Thursday, February 13, 2014

"President Obama may truly live to regret his unparalleled disregard for the Constitution, but so may all presidents who come after him." Editorial Page, Boston Herald, January 14, 2014

Hello friends and neighbors, it's only me, therefore, you can be at ease, but I wouldn't suggest that you take your eye off the ball on this Thursday, February 13, 2014. I mean that because we are living through some really upside down times in our nation's history. Power and politics are always the drivers behind most decisions coming out of Washington, but, the way our President is mangling the healthcare law to suit his party's political needs, well, it might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back. (You can insert the donkey's back, the elephant's back or maybe even the tea party's back. I report, you decide.) The Democratic Party is reeling from the blow back coming from the implementation of Obamacare. They concede the House of Representatives but are feverishly attempting to save, at all costs, their control of the Senate. One way to help that effort is to keep delaying parts of the law that they know is going to add even more pain. Many who loudly supported this mess are now running away from it and the President. The problem is, as the old saying goes, 'You haven't seen anything yet'. The bottom line, we are supposed to be a nation of laws with separation of powers. There has always been dynamic tension between the branches of government in the exercise of these powers, however, the current administration has shown little respect for the co-equal branches as it pretty much decides to make it up as they seem fit. Caution: The previous comments fall into the category of opinion, therefore, you should check out the situation and form your own. I still think this is permitted here in our land of the free and home of the brave.

Okay. Enough of that for one day. When it's all said and done, most of it, regardless of party affiliation, ends up tasting the same, you know, like chicken. Where I come from people used colorful language to get their points across. ~ I got my tongue twisted up around my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was sayin. ~ Pert near but not plumb. ~  It'll cure what ails you. ~ Well, if that don't beat all. ~ Caint never did because caint never tried. ~ He's dumber than a box of rocks. ~ I'll give you something to cry about. ~ More than Carter has liver pills. ~ Colder than the backside of a well digger. ~ That boy is so dull he couldn't cut hot butter with a knife. ~ No bigger than a tater bug. ~ Speakin of the devil. ~ Not the brightest light on the porch if you know what I mean. ~ Fuller than a tick. ~ There he was, grinnin like a sulled up opossum. ~ Now if those don't make sense to you, well, all I can say is you missed out. Here's how Freddy Fender, the country singer summed it up: "Hopefully I'll be the first Mexican American going into Hillbilly Heaven." And, if he is really blessed, he'll do so with a cup of hot, black, and strong Community in his hand.

No. That's not intended to reflect my theological viewpoints. But, since you are concerned, I will go on record regarding one thing. I think I can unequivocally assure you that there will be no Folgers up there. Calm down. It's all in fun. Lighten up a little, Buckwheat. I know some of the kids I grew up with used to tell me how that they were made to fetch their own switch when it came time for a whuppin. My mom never told me to do that. She knew that I would come back with the skinniest branch on the tree. She did her on fetching. Waiting for her to come back wasn't all too pleasant either, but, I'm thankful she did her best to discipline us with a desire that we might know the difference between right and wrong, and the penalties associated with wrong choices. As far as I can remember she wasn't too much into grounding, her punishment was swift and it left an impression, if you know what I mean. Switches do that but they also played a role in who I am today. Thanks Mom. Okay. Now it is up to you and I to get out there and git r done. Have a blessed day. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: