Thursday, February 20, 2014

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time." ~ Steven Wright

Hello and welcome. I know many if not most of my regular readers prefer something other than the political commentary that I serve up on occasion, however, I am pretty much limited to whatever I happen to be focused on and fussing about on any particular day. The good news is found in how easy it is to skip over, avoid, and if nothing else, completely ignore the material if it doesn't strike your fancy. I fear that way too many are doing just that pretty much all the time when it comes to the stuff going on in Washington, D.C. But, that's mostly what I wrote about yesterday so it is time to move on, on this Thursday, February 20, 2014. I could talk about the weather because we all do, but I think I've said about all I can think to say about it up to this point. I would caution any who might be persuaded to put away their coats thinking that winter is all used up for the season. It's just me talking here but I really don't think we will be waiting for the fall before we see a little more frost on the pumpkin, so to speak.

Our internet connection here at the office was cut on Monday and I went for 2 and ½ days serving a form of isolated confinement. We suddenly found ourselves slammed back into the old school mode of looking up information in something called the Yellow Pages, and using printed catalogs, manuals, and tools called a pencil and paper. How dependent are we on immediate online access all the time? I can only say I wouldn't want to figure out the full answer to that question because having everything at your fingertips and available instantaneously, well, as far as I can tell, in a practical sense, it's the only way you can get the job done today. I'm not sure that's altogether a good thing but I am sure that to try and go back and do it like we did prior to online access would be like returning to the stone age. Literally. I know. There are some people who refuse to connect into the brave new world. They luckily are most likely not at a competitive disadvantage for doing so. I will not say how many times I did, without even thinking, attempt to log in even though I knew we had no connection. The answer is more than a few and that just goes to show you how it does become integral to how we function each day.

Last week we were privileged to have our great grand Madi Girl staying with us for a few days. All I can say is that she is one funny girl. I know the wife was on the front lines during most of her visit, but, it's remarkable how much excitement that comes with having a four year old hanging around. I can truthfully say that she was lavished upon during her time with us, as in spoiled, but, it doesn't happen very often, and without a doubt I could tell she tended to enjoy it, and so did those pouring on the special treatment. I know I am a serial sucker for the déjà vu all over again but in this situation it's impossible not to mentally relive these same feelings we felt with Madi's mommy. I don't know that much about all the DNA and Genome matching stuff but I can tell you that little Madi is carrying around a near perfect match to her mom, at least at this age. I'm talking everything from demeanor to nuanced inferences. What a blessing! The wife was tired but I think she would be the first to say it was a good tired, and, as for me, the more or less innocent bystander, it was a blast because let me just say this about that, she is one funny girl! Have a great rest of the day and may God add His blessings to it. Amen. ….More later.

No comments: