Thursday, June 27, 2013

I always wanted to be a procrastinator but I just never got around to it.

Hello folks and welcome to Thursday, June 27, 2013. Depending on when you read this, you have the blank page before you to fill in, or, you can look back and see what all has been accomplished. I occasionally get a comment on one of my blogs where the individual says they accidentally stumbled upon it, or they were looking for something else and found it instead. It might be one that was written several years ago but given the right circumstances of the search, they find my blog. It is encouraging when someone further comments that the particular blog they read helped them in some way. Some have said it came at a crucial time and they were able to gain some needed spiritual nourishment. I say a good hearty wow and Amen to that as I count that as a blessing from the Lord. It just goes to show how that God can use anything He chooses to work in people's lives. When we get the idea that it has to be something big or spectacular and it requires some elevated thought on our part, just remember that God spoke through a donkey, and that means He can use any of us when we do what we can to do life His way. (That donkey speaking incident can be found in the Old Testament, in the Book of Numbers, Chapter 22)

This latest episode with the fellow who leaked secret information has been telling in many different ways. He may have given up some whistle blower information regarding issues in how secret information is obtained and used, but that's not the whole story. He could have done that here. He has left our country and taken with him valuable classified information that could be useful to those who are aligned against us. He is now being harbored by those who want to get their hands on any and all information he can provide. The whistle blower status is fully enveloped by his willful breaking of the laws of our nation. I say this as an observer because I certainly do not know all of the particulars. I mention it because for many it is an opportunity to attack the current administration. And that makes it a bottom line matter, for them. End of story. In other words, here's a story that can make life difficult for those occupying the White House, therefore, it is being encouraged and in many instances promoted. What about those wearing the uniform of our country who are in harm's way that may be compromised by someone leaking intelligence information? What about those cooperating with us in covert ways in the name of freedom who may be exposed by this fellow? I do believe this situation calls for a measured response. I, for one, don't believe he is a hero, but I do think the truth needs to be known and any and all who use this situation for nothing more than purely political goals should be ashamed. And, that's the way I see it.

Again, I must add the caveat, subject to change, because I certainly don't know all the details. Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of my wife's retirement from working in the public sector, as they call it. I need to clarify that because she certainly has not retired from working. This week she is busy working with teens up in Indiana in their effort to reach out to people with the love of Jesus. She has a full schedule of activities that she pursues each week. She has been devoted to our yard and in making our place look attractive. This has made it really tough while she is away. I have this one goal in mind, not to let anything die, at least until she comes back. I mowed this past Monday afternoon into the evening hours. It was hot in the extreme. Our neighbor was concerned because I have not been the one doing the mowing and she thought I might stroke out or something. But, I, for a change, was very careful, taking breaks, taking in plenty of fluids, and I did get the job done. Our entire family has been blessed by having the wife at home now, that is, when she is at home. I used to worry about her being so tired from working in her job. Now I worry about her overdoing it in all the many activities she pursues. Those home cooked suppers haven't hurt either unless you are talking about my waistline. Blessed. Very much indeed! Have a great day and may God add His blessings to it. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: