Thursday, June 6, 2013

Congratulations to our Kyleigh!

Good Thursday morning. I bid you greetings on this June 6, 2013. Today is another one of those important days in our family. Our granddaughter, Kyleigh, officially graduates from high school this afternoon. We look forward to being there to honor her accomplishment. She has been in our family for fifteen years now and it has been our pleasure to watch her grow and develop into the wonderful young woman she is. Kyleigh has always been focused and determined in whatever she puts her mind to. She will be attending Blinn College in the fall. This will be the first graduate for our Rodney and Mitzi. They have done a good job in guiding Kyleigh along her way. We look at Kyleigh and we see potential with a capital P. We so look forward to all that God has planned for her life. Congratulations Kyleigh and may God lead, guide, and direct your steps is our prayer. Love, MiMi and Poppy.

I know these kids that are graduating have questions about the world they will be inheriting. The economy isn't doing that great. There's enough trouble all over the globe and it seems to be increasing each day. Those in leadership positions tend to spend more time pointing fingers than providing solutions that improve the lives of our citizens. We are now into the 5th year of this current administration and they are still blaming others for the troubles they promised they could fix. It must be somewhat perplexing to these young folks who will have to deal with the outcomes that are being implemented today. It's so easy for anyone to get caught up in the name calling and acrimony that defines our civic discourse today. Sadly, none of that typically gets us anywhere. When it comes down to it I know it may sound trite, but folks, our children and their children must look to the Lord for their way forward. He is the only One who can make a way for us and for them. Pray for these bright eyed kiddos who will be the leaders of tomorrow, and pray for our nation. Amen.

I have a really nice pair of glasses that I wear mostly on Sundays. They are very light weight and modern looking. I somehow got them a little bent or warped. A little. They still fit on my face a little crooked but I was wearing them anyway. My eldest son noticed them more than once and asked how I had gotten them bent out of shape. I decided I had better go for an adjustment. I went to the place where I bought the glasses. The lady was very nice. I told her I needed some adjustment. She pulled them off and said "They sure do. I'll have to work these over before I can even think about fitting them on your face." Okay already. So they are a little bent. I don't think it is necessary to get on the store speaker system and tell everyone that I don't know how to take care of my glasses. She worked on them. Looked at me. Worked on them some more. Finally she put them back on my face. She grunted and said they would need a little more work. Then she had to work on the final fit. Finally I was excused and I nearly ran out of that joint. Now maybe people won't have to bend their heads funny just to look me in the eye. I can feel the sympathy flowing as you read about the struggles I have to face. Thanks so much. Now go out there and have a great day and may God add His blessings to it. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: