Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wow! That hindsight stuff does clear things up. Right?

Hello folks and welcome to Thursday, November 8, 2012. What do you search for on the internet in your spare moments? I typically check on things like any special prices for Community Coffee. I just like to keep up with the market, if you know what I mean. The other day I was checking for any potential local discounts. I put in my zipcode alongside "Community Coffee." Believe it or not Google thought I was looking for a local coffee joint in the community. Who ever heard tell? It even called out a nearby Starbucks. Imagine that! Sorry. I forgot that Starbucks coffee is the colored water of choice for a whole bunch of folks. Settle down. I am only joking. It could be worse, you know. I didn't read the story but saw a news headline that read: "Man makes death-bed confession to murder, then gets better." As Astro the Jetson dog used to say, "Ruh Ro." You always thought it originated with Scooby Doo. Right? You and a lot of other folks as well. And who said you can't teach an old blog reader a new trick or two? Sorry. I suppose I had the old dog thing in mind, but you get the idea.

A little Monday morning quarterbacking seems in order. I don't know how much you pay attention to what I have to say but you might recall that I mentioned early on in the election cycle about the difference between being for someone versus being against someone else. That negative anti-incumbent feeling of discontent is powerful, but I contended before, and still believe today, that, obviously, it is not enough. You need someone you can be 'all in' for. It is my opinion that this is the hurdle that Governor Romney never was able to get over. Ronald Reagan appealed to ordinary hard working people, regardless of their party affiliation. Therefore, he received a sizeable number of votes from folks who crossed over. George W. Bush had appeal within the Hispanic community and many of them went against their normal voting pattern and cast their vote for him. We come out of this year's election with another promise of gridlock, infighting, and typically very little done that contributes to the common good. The President will no doubt do all within his considerable powers to establish his legacy. He has shown a propensity to act unilaterly without congressional approval. You can look for an increase in the issurance of presidential executive orders to work his will. Meanwhile, I need to do what I can do. That has more to do with how I think and live than all the stuff I talk about. People of faith need to mirror their beliefs in word and deed if we are to influence and impact our nation. There you have it: Random thoughts from my very own gridlocked and confused gray cell factory. You can take these thoughts and add $4 and get yourself a cup of that colored water down at the coffee joint, you know, located in the community.

Since I am out and about quite often in the mess called mass transit in and around the huge metroplex, I can honestly see the roots of road rage being planted all around. The traffic is all jammed up. Most people who need to get into a particular lane to turn do so and then they patiently wait their turn. Most people. Some do not follow this rule of courtesy. They run up to the front of the lane and then proceed to force, literally, they force their way into the turning lane. They do so with gusto. Often they are driving expensive cars which I suppose means they are important and entitled. Or, they are in one of those jacked up trucks that look like they should be at the smash up derby instead of being out on the roadway. Those are the road rage seed planters. People who abide by the rules do their best to overlook these pompous acts of classless behavior. However, it is not easy. And, at times the pot boils over. Folks roll down their windows. They make gestures with their hands. If they are a NASCAR fan that might even give their version of the bump and run. Many respond by tightening up the line. They unite in their defense, bumper to bumper, daring the would be but-in-sky to just try it. See what I mean? You don't even have to go to Road Rage School. It's being taught every single day in real time. Aren't you glad that I'm around to pass on these stimulating observations? So long for now and may God help us all to treat others as we want to be treated. Amen.         .....More later.

No comments: