Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." Matthew 5:37

We are quickly counting down the hours until we do a little word play and get rid of any concept of fasting by adding an 'e', you know, we get ready for the feasting! I really don't know where that came from but since I have so few original ideas, I thought I had better capture that one before we had a collision. It is Tuesday, November 20, 2012, and it is good to have this time with you today. Does old fashioned ethics, honesty, and integrity exist in today's marketplace? I think we all know that it is not out there to such a serious extent that it might become contagious. I did read a comment made about a Company the other day that really struck me and I wanted to share it with you. It was in the section of their website called Testimonials: "Your company's success and growth is most admirable.  The success can only be attributed to God's blessings to an honest man who treats others as he wants to be treated. It appears your team has seen the benefits of your honesty and trust and attention to workmanship from an era when US companies produced the best the world could find.  Congratulations on another year of success and satisfied clients with prayers for your continued success." I was checking this company out because they had gotten a bid that we had participated in. I say thank You Lord and Amen to their leadership that would cause one of their large customers to pen those words. That should be an encouragement to us all!

I have learned a better way to describe my situation when I fall. I read one person's explanation and they said they on occasion do a random gravity check. Now that sounds a whole lot better than the stuff I've been using. Then we have times when what we say just doesn't come out right. Like the lady talking to another lady about gardening. She said she never new much about manure until she married her husband. Those of us growing up in the South have been raised on a steady diet of those biting backhanded compliments. "Just look at her in that dress, bless her heart!" ~ "It was really great talking to you, I always feel so smart when I hear you talk." ~ And what about these bad boys: "I don't care what they say about you, I think you do a pretty good job." ~ "That jacket looks really good on you, I had no idea they were making them in plus sizes." ~ "I love getting notes from you, your spelling always makes me smile." ~ The better ones to me are always the unintentional slip of the tongue. However, those who like to play games do their best to cover their real intention by making it sound oh so sweet.

Age has allowed me to add some spasms to my repertoire. You know. It's when the muscle does a little jig without you expecting it. They don't bother me that much but it is a little embarrasing to try and answer your cell phone because even though it was on vibrate, it didn't really ring, it was just one of those little spontaneous muscle quivers. Of course if people notice you can always act like you are talking on the phone and disconnect from the conversation quickly. I am pretty much still in the dark ages when it comes to the cell phone I use. I make and receive calls. That's pretty much it. I do love to see older folks going to town on one of those fancy I-phone/tablets. I bet they never dreamed they would be doing stuff like that. One lady told my wife she had been sending me text messages. My wife told her that I don't do text. The lady sent me a message through my wife. "Tell him he needs to get with the program." That, in so many ways, and on so many levels, is the story of my life. I spend most of my waking hours and maybe even some of my sleep time doing just that. Trying to get with the program. I know you know what I mean, so don't even try to act like you don't. Now. Here's the deal. Go out there and have a good day and win one for the Gipper, or something like that. May God bless each one. Amen.           .....More later.

No comments: